01 F250 suggestions

FF1855

I have an 01 F250 ecsb that serves triple duty as a DD, farm/tow rig, and I like to get off the beaten path and explore. I'm looking for a few suggestions, particularly lift size and tires. What would be the best overall lift size? I'm going to go with either Icon or PMF and the max would be 4.5 in. What would be the ideal size?
As for tires, I'm torn between an mt or at. So far, I'm looking at the Cooper STT, Cooper ST Maxx, Nitto Trail Graps, or the Firestone Destination MT.
Any input or advice would be extremely appreciated! My apologies for such a long winded post.

jdinevens

Adventurer
TN/KY are you in clarksville? I wanted the toyo M/Ts but went with the cooper s/t maxxs based on price, weight and they were the tallest skinniest tire under 37 inches I could find. I also did a 5 inch excursion lift on my SD, so essentially a 4 inch all spring lift.

I should mention that I have 18 inch wheels.

Last edited:

Coscienceguy

Observer
Check out my 7.3 land yacht thread on this forum, I have a 4" lift with 34.6" tires on 18's. I went with the nitto trail grapplers, they are quiet on the highway too!

FF1855

Yep Clarksville, not my favorite place but it's been my place of residence for the last 7 years or so. I have 18's on my sd but thought about dropping to 17's for cheaper tires and a little for sidewall. How do like the maxx?

Jed74

One thing to think about when buying some of the more exotic tire brands is can you easily and quickly buy a replacement if you need while on a trip, or will it require you special ordering one. I realize down in the states there are a lot more places that carry those kinds of tires in stock. But if your a long trip being able to get a replacement from a small town auto parts store might be an advantage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad