07 4x4 F550 $85,000

Benjwa18

I would like to mention this build was constructed for my own personal use and to my specs. If there are any changes or modifications you would like done to better suit your lifestyle I would be more than happy to accommodate what i can. Some things that come to mind are adding more windows, a cab to camper pass through, more solar, an AC unit? We could even transfer the whole camper setup onto a brand new F550 chassis. All inquires are welcome. Asking price as it currently sits is still $95,000

ExpoMike

Very nice rig!!! Might I ask what the reasoning was behind putting the camper door on the driver side? Seems unusual to do.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Very nice rig!!! Might I ask what the reasoning was behind putting the camper door on the driver side? Seems unusual to do.

Not speaking for the OP of course, but I REALLY contemplated doing the same but couldn’t find a decent door that opened the right direction.

My reasoning was, I usually travel solo and walking around the entire camper to get in seemed a bit silly. Quick exit truck and get in camper seemed like a good idea to me

ExpoMike

Not speaking for the OP of course, but I REALLY contemplated doing the same but couldn’t find a decent door that opened the right direction.

My reasoning was, I usually travel solo and walking around the entire camper to get in seemed a bit silly. Quick exit truck and get in camper seemed like a good idea to me

Down side is, if you have to pull off the road and it's a narrow shoulder, it becomes a risk of the door/you getting hit, since you cannot see what is coming when inside and the door closed.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Down side is, if you have to pull off the road and it's a narrow shoulder, it becomes a risk of the door/you getting hit, since you cannot see what is coming when inside and the door closed.

Absolutely

For me and my usage, that’d be a non issue, but definitely something to consider

Benjwa18

Thank you! I did it for the exact reason RAM5500 CAMPERTHING mentioned above. My thought process was shortest route/quickest access from the cab to the camper.

You are right about the door opening into traffic. That was an issue I didn’t consider in the beginning. However you can see through the rear window quite well so I have just trained myself to check before exiting when i am parked on a roadway and that has worked well.

All said and done if I could do it over again I would likely flip the interior layout so the door could be on the passenger side as well as adding a passthrough to the cab

E

eugarps

Out of curiosity, how do you enter and exit the Mom’s Attic bed and how big is it?

Thanks,

Bill

Benjwa18

Out of curiosity, how do you enter and exit the Mom’s Attic bed and how big is it?

Thanks,

Bill
In reality the moms attic is best used for storage it is a very tight space. i have stackable totes that fit up there perfectly. However there is a movable bench seat not pictured that can be used for a step up if one was actually going to sleep up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3