'16 F150 Maintenance Schedule

TantoTrailers

Hey guys,

I am up for some maintenance and new tires on my 2016 F150 2WD V6 truck. It has seen only highway driving up to now since I bought it with 4 miles on it and I am sitting just under 77k at the moment. Last time I took my truck into the dealership the nice lady at the counter gave me a laundry list of things that needed to be addressed and I wanted to get to some of those items this time around. Primarily my question is about the trans fluid flush. The shop says I am due for a trans flush, but both the manual and the website show 150k for that service. The other service I am looking to have done is coolant flush and there seems to be a small discrepancy between the manual that came with the truck and the Ford website. Manual shows engine coolant at 100k but the website shows 50k. Since I am right in the middle I will just get it done with the tires and oil next time I am in. Lastly, I am curious about spark plugs. The manual and website show 100k for those puppies and they didnt make it on my to-do list from the dealership. How far should I run those before swapping?

Thanks in advance!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Flush ATF every 30,000. You can flush the coolant at the same time. It's a lil early if it tests ok and has a good PH.

No idea on the plugs, haven't serviced that engine yet.

Grassland

I did my transmission fluid at 97,000 KM
I don't have tow package, and did 4 years of hauling and towing. (1500 lbs in truck every day, towing 2-3000 lbs so nothing crazy)
Shop said fluid looked good, not burned not lots of debris.
I don't have tow package either. But for what a transmission costs vs a fluid change, I didn't feel like waiting for the maximum interval.

Amp34

I’d follow what’s in the manual or the official Ford website.

Dealers are going to recommend things that don’t need doing to make extra money for theselves - case in point, my dealer rang me up a couple of weeks for an oil change, at 6 months after the last one, rather than the year... a lot of them still rely on people assuming schedules haven’t changed in 20 years (like the 3k or 5k oil change).

D45

Explorer
My plugs are shot around the 20,000 mile marker

$40 for 6 plugs and 30 minutes of my time isn't bad...... but it's pathetic this Ecoboost motor eats iridium plugs that fast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk