1968 Chevy K10 SWB Overlander

Bojak

Adventurer
As always your truck is killer and looks great. Nice upgrade. Lifts are great, tires are cool, but stopping is important. Great ride.

bigT74

busted knuckles
Great looking truck and build, you are definitely doing the right upgrades in my opinion. You have a truly solid build going and I look forward to seeing your progress. great classic truck!

snekvasil

Adventurer
Great looking truck and build, you are definitely doing the right upgrades in my opinion. You have a truly solid build going and I look forward to seeing your progress. great classic truck!

Thank you! I appreciate the comments. Where's your K5 build thread? :drool:

snekvasil

Adventurer
Sputtering Engine

Question for those that know:

Is it possible for a engine to dog/sputter due to an air filter that's too small? I had to get a new air filter since installing the brake booster. Now, when it gets hot, the engine dogs and lags. It sputters a bit, too, especially when not moving. When it's colder outside, the truck doesn't dog as much. I'm wondering if my new air cleaner is just too small...

If it's not the air filter, I'm thinking I might have some gunk in the fuel lines. Any thoughts?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
It can *seem* to happen more or less randomly, though of course, it's usually either heat related, or weak fuel pump related.

It's about fuel pressure, so I don't see the air filter having anything to do with it.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Thinking back on what you said...it wasn't just the air filter that changed - it was also the brake booster. So now I'm thinking perhaps something vacuum related that might be causing and/or simulating vapor lock...

Sorry, but I'm basically shooting in the dark here trying to build a mental model.

snekvasil

Adventurer
Thinking back on what you said...it wasn't just the air filter that changed - it was also the brake booster. So now I'm thinking perhaps something vacuum related that might be causing and/or simulating vapor lock...

Sorry, but I'm basically shooting in the dark here trying to build a mental model.

Interesting...how can I test this theory? Sorry for all the questions. Ignorant on this...

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Disconnect the booster and see if anything changes. Hook up a vacuum gauge and see if anything hinky happens when the symptoms appear. Also test with a fuel pressure gauge.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Also check vacuum with the booster connected and disconnected - maybe the damn thing's leaking...

driller

old soul wanderer
Plug the vacuum line going to the new brake booster and see if the problem changes.
Check fuel pressure at manifold.
Check wiring to O2 sensor to see if it is intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven