1972 Series III 88"

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
I've welded in I dont know how many Rover motor mountings some of which have been abused for years. I have yet to reinforce that area at all. I would agree that fish plating would be the "correct' way to plate a frame but in this case given the application Im not sure Id bother either and considering the stock mounts are welded top to bottom (weakening the frame in 4 places per side technically) Im pretty sure the point is mute. I'll bet you could pick a stock Land Rover up by its engine mountings (not the rubber bits........you could hardly hang a sweatshirt on those)

Luis

very nice thread... :smiley_drive: I'm about to buy a SII, 1968, diesel, stock plus Over Drive... I've been looking for a long time and now I think this is the best option 1378080_565077500213750_352985595_n-2.jpg1383752_565077653547068_1916437875_n.jpg

This chat is what I wanted (needed) to read :coffee drink:
Greetings from Costa Rica!:sombrero:

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
Thanks for sharing that Luis, as I sit here shivering while the woodstove does its thing.
Nice ride. Looks clean and like someone has done a lot of work to it?
I get customers who have been to CR saying that if I went down there I'd never come back. With all the old Land Rovers....the surf...the mountains....the people....Id think Id died and gone to heaven.
Coffee is good too. My favorite http://tolteccoffee.com. Coffee so good I want to keep it a secret, but that just wouldnt be nice!

Luis

Well, you'll be welcome whenever you come :sombrero:
For november 17 is planned to break the Guinness Record of the mayor convoy of LRs (>350)... :coffee drink: Imagine the quantity of "landroveros" we are :victory:

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
Thanks, I'll be sure to remind you when I show up LOL. Seriously though........I need to get down there. It seems as if everyone in my little world goes to CR on a pretty regular basis including everyone in my family but me.......I'll get there!

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
Hey…..still on this or what? I know a visit to my shop will put most people into a tailspin for a couple of weeks. I thought you were strong.

DividingCreek

Explorer
which blend are you pimping Matt ? Glad to hear someone else heats their shop with a wood stove. It's been in the 20's here and I'm working on a gems 4.6/auto install into an old diesel 110.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Still on it... slow and steady. Spent about a full day building a radiator/intercooler frame and it didnt come out how I wanted so I chucked it in the scrap heap. Looking to have some pieces of steel laser cut to shape by mail order to save me a few hours of plasma cutting, grinding, and drilling.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Well, you'll be welcome whenever you come :sombrero:
For november 17 is planned to break the Guinness Record of the mayor convoy of LRs (>350)... :coffee drink: Imagine the quantity of "landroveros" we are :victory:

Hola amigo!

I missed your post here, just got off the plane from Juan Santamara.... Where in CR are you, I spend a lot of time in Sabanilla doing coffee business and I keep two Land Rovers (and a series 80 Land Cruiser) there. Sorry to have to miss the LR parade this weekend but had to head back north. Was hoping to run my 1958 Series I in it, see below.

Pura Vida!

IMG_3021.jpg

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
which blend are you pimping Matt ? Glad to hear someone else heats their shop with a wood stove. It's been in the 20's here and I'm working on a gems 4.6/auto install into an old diesel 110.

Surf blend is my favorite.

I was at home with the wood stove. Having one in the shop would be a bad idea, but one that would be happy with. I lease my shop. One day I hope to have it at home and then I will heat it with the stuffing from Series truck seats..
Funny doing the V8 swap into a diesel. I have been doing a lot of that. I have even taken diesels out that I originally converted (300tdi's) and gone back to petrol. Seems many people are realizing that fuel costs for a toy are irrelevant and if they are going to have fun with it they might as well really have some fun.
Even removed a pair of 275hp Yanmars from a boat and replaced them with a pair of 475 hp crusaders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater