1985 FWC Fleet Refurbish

Not gonna have my camper for a month!

Well the day has come and today I will be taking and dropping off my '85 Fleet at FWC for lift panels, liner, and headliner. Hopefully snap a few cool pics of the factory while I'm there, and see my camper in about a month!

stclair

Adventurer
Well the day has come and today I will be taking and dropping off my '85 Fleet at FWC for lift panels, liner, and headliner. Hopefully snap a few cool pics of the factory while I'm there, and see my camper in about a month!

Nice. Curious what the cost is to have them do it?

A lot! But we'll worth it in my mind. I'm gonna have a brand new camper. They are doing both lift panels, re-insulating the roof as well as new head liner and wire to vent for fantastic fan in the future and also doing the side liner and adding a few inches to the overall height of the roof. Total = $3,470.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stclair

Adventurer
A lot! But we'll worth it in my mind. I'm gonna have a brand new camper. They are doing both lift panels, re-insulating the roof as well as new head liner and wire to vent for fantastic fan in the future and also doing the side liner and adding a few inches to the overall height of the roof. Total = $3,470.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too crazy, and money well spent to get it done right the first time! I'll look forward to seeing the "after" pictures.

bill harr

Adventurer
One of life's most expensive lessons is learning when to pay someone to do it right the first time. Your money is well spent as the job will be done right.
You will enjoy your camper for many years to come.

Bill

Just got these from Mike over at FWC.
na9u2e4y.jpg
ryvezune.jpg
eqame2uv.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right on, that camper is going to be dialed.

Im hoping so, yours on the other hand is gonna be really nice, you did a complete 100% ground up resto! Mine was only 75-80%

you must be pumped. good as new.

foster

Super pumped, I can't wait to get it back. Im going nuts not having it at home ready to go camping!

One of life's most expensive lessons is learning when to pay someone to do it right the first time. Your money is well spent as the job will be done right.
You will enjoy your camper for many years to come.

Bill

My thinking exactly Bill, let the pros do it right and it will last. And it will be money well spent, and saved me the headaches of figuring out the lift panels and all that good stuff!

hoots

So stoked to have stumbled upon this thread! Just picked up an '84 Fleet for my '98 Tacoma and am about to embark on the same journey. Gotta get the suspension dialed first off, then it is full refurb time!
Simple question first though- did you bolt your Fleet on or have some other attachment system not visible in your photos?

So stoked to have stumbled upon this thread! Just picked up an '84 Fleet for my '98 Tacoma and am about to embark on the same journey. Gotta get the suspension dialed first off, then it is full refurb time!
Simple question first though- did you bolt your Fleet on or have some other attachment system not visible in your photos?

It's currently bolted, when I get it back from the factory I'm going to figure out some sort of turnbuckle system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The day has finally come!! Picking up my camper on Friday 3/21 with fresh vinyl, front and rear lift panels, headliner, and fantastic fan!!! And heading straight for my favorite spot in the mountains!!

TacoFWC

Observer
Congrats, must have been killing you to wait. Have a good trip, post some pics!

The day has finally come!! Picking up my camper on Friday 3/21 with fresh vinyl, front and rear lift panels, headliner, and fantastic fan!!! And heading straight for my favorite spot in the mountains!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk