1985 Toyota SR5 4x4 Extended Cab Pickup - exceptionally nice (WA state)

Rozzi

Adventurer
1985 Toyota 4x4 SR5 Xtra Cab Pickup
Price: SOLD
Price adjusted 8/26/2012

109,656 miles (pictures were taken 7/21/2012) Mileage could vary slightly if any serious parties arrange for inspections and/or test drives. Vehicle has been well maintained and garage kept during my ownership. This is not my daily driver. It's one of a few in my Toyota collection.
Engine: 22RE 4-cylinder
Transmission: 5-speed
Factory options: OEM sunroof with cover that detaches, has the nicer sport seats and chrome package. No air conditioning though it could be installed by an authorized shop. I may have the factory dash switch for the A/C as I once considered having it installed and purchased a few parts in the process.
Auto locking hubs (work great - factory from Toyota). Most have been swapped out to manual hubs.
Power steering and power brakes.

History:
I purchased this vehicle approximately 2 years ago with the intent to duplicate a truck I previously owned in my younger days. My intention was to keep the vehicle for several years and pass it on to my daughter. However, I've been restoring a 1983 4wd pickup and have realized I have no additional time to devote to extra vehicles that need to be enjoyed and appreciated by other Toyota enthusiasts.
The truck was previously owned by one family since new. I purchased it from a relative of the original owner.

I will do my best to accurately describe everything I know about this truck.
You are welcome to email me with any questions and I will do my best to answer those questions.

Mechanical work completed on front end:
I spent much of last Winter taking my time rebuilding the front axle from hub to hub.
I used the Marlin Crawler HD inner axle seals and knuckle rebuild kit and replaced about everything I could regardless of whether it needed.
All of the gaskets, bearings, seals, and rock rings were replaced. I used the best parts I could find and meticulously painted each part after cleaning and prepping.
I installed all new front brakes (calipers, rotors, pads).
New KYB shocks
Steering damper
Sway bar links
tie rod ends
Alignment

Engine and transmission:
OEM water pump
OEM top and bottom radiator hoses
Hose clamps
New radiator with Toyota red antifreeze
OEM fuel filter
NGK plug wires and plugs
Cap/rotor
Alternator bearing
Belts
Quick battery disconnect on the Optima red top (great safety feature to help prevent theft)
Valve cover gasket
PCV valve
All new fluids
Transmission and clutch are excellent
Engine runs exceptionally well and idles great.
Washer fluid reservoir
Leaks no fluids whatsoever!!!

Exhaust:
I replaced the muffler and tailpipe with factory OEM unit
All smog equipment is intact

Tires/Wheels:
31X10.50X15 BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires (4) - almost new.
Original unused spare with correct wheel
Factory chrome wheels with correct center caps (all in excellent condition)

Rear end:
All new rear brakes
Rear KYB shocks
center carrier bearing

Exterior:
The truck was painted in its original color with all the glass/door handles/etc. removed and doors/fenders off the truck.
The paint was completed approximately 1 year ago and has less than 1,000 miles on it.
I spent approximately $5000 on paint/labor. I helped reassemble to save on some of the expenses.
The stripes/decals were replaced with near identical reproductions and turned out excellent.

I was fortunate enough to find a brand new OEM rear bumper (next to impossible to find). The original saved for the truck was stolen and was in excellent condition, so I felt very lucky to find a brand new bumper (though very costly).
I had the front skid plate sandblasted and powder coated.
The front bumper is original and perfect.
I replaced rubber belt line molding along the windows as well as the wing window rubber.
The windshield was replaced as the original had small ding. At the same time, I replaced the rubber windshield molding.
Much of the drivetrain was prepped and painted to help preserve condition and maintain that original look.

Interior:
The interior was excellent to begin with.
The rubber floor mats are factory original "Toyota" and look great.
The seats/dash/carpet are all in excellent condition as can be seen in the pictures. These seats were somewhat rare equipment for these trucks and only offered for a couple of years. They show minimal wear.
Toolkit and jack are original and stored below the shelf unit in the xtra cab area.
The stereo is not original but could easily be swapped out for the original unit (I believe I kept the original one). It it Bluetooth ready with iPod control and detachable face. Nothing fancy but added capabilities over stock.
Note: The speakers were never upgraded and the rear speakers in the extra cab say "Toyota" on them.
There is a CB mounted in the truck, but I removed the antenna when the truck was being painted (mounted just inside the fender with an aluminum bracket) and had no plans of ever using the CB. One could remove the CB and there'd be no signs it was ever mounted in the truck (microphone bracket used single screw shared by stereo housing/console).

I did replace the heater fan unit with a new OEM unit. Discovered later that the old one was just fine!!! I also replaced the blower motor resistor while I had the blower unit out. It, too, was fine (lesson learned).

Everything on the truck works as it should.

I have a folder on the truck documenting a great portion of the repairs.
I'd estimate that I have close to $12,000 into the truck.

What would I do next to the truck if I kept it?
Drive it!!!
Probably address slight rattle in tailgate hinges (not a big deal but irritates me).
Maybe upgrade the original speakers with improved ones.
After replacing the windshield washer reservoir with a factory new unit, I discovered the motor that pumps the fluid has a crack (these are readily available).
Piece of rubber that runs along area where sliding rear window "slides" in its track is showing it's age. The actual rubber around the rear window is great. I believe I have the correct replacement, but I never dealt with it.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to send a PM.

Thanks for your patience in reading this lengthy ad.
Link to additional pictures:

Last edited:

mouse007

Explorer
:Wow1: Amazing, I wish you the best of luck on the sale…..!!! :drool: honestly, if I was in a different position I would buy this.

pilotmike

Toy

I have purchased 3 Toyota trucks from Mark (Rozzi)over the years. He is honest, nice and a great guy.
I bought these trucks from him just from pictures and talking on the phone, didnt see them until they were unloaded from the truck.
Always completely just like described! Have no fear about what you will be buying from him, his descriptions are correct and truthful.
Mike

austintaco

Explorer
Makes me want to go put some more love into mine. That is so pristine. Thanks for taking care of that beauty.

Rozzi

Adventurer
I have purchased 3 Toyota trucks from Mark (Rozzi)over the years. He is honest, nice and a great guy.
I bought these trucks from him just from pictures and talking on the phone, didnt see them until they were unloaded from the truck.
Always completely just like described! Have no fear about what you will be buying from him, his descriptions are correct and truthful.
Mike

Very kind, Mike.

toddz69

Explorer
I always loved the '85 Xtra Cabs with EFI and the solid front axle. What a beautiful example of the breed. GLWS.

Todd Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy