1986 Toyota Pickup Custom Cab 4x4 5 speed 22RTE Turbo SOLD Salinas California

pilotmike

1.jpg

http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu6/carsin831/1986cc4x4/

sold sold sold

1986 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Custom Cab Turbo 22RTE, 5 speed manual
99,500 miles

The engine is all stock, has all the emissions installed, and just passed California Emissions.
Its licensed in California, and I have the pink slip (title).

I have added:
31-10.50 x 15 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2
ARB Front Bumper
Warn M8000 warn Winch
New Silverstar headlights
Carpet and floor mats

I thought after I put the winch and bumper on, I would have to adjust the torsion bars, but the truck sits perfect, I haven't adjusted anything.

I don't have many details of the previous owners, or repairs.
But I do have paperwork showing the head gasket was replaced at around 80,000 miles.At the same time the turbo and housing, along with the timing chain was replaced with the factory parts.

When I bought it, there was some sputtering at full throttle, but a quick scan of codes showed a faulty TPS (Throttle Postion Sensor), so that was replaced. The truck runs great with no issues.
Clutch feels perfect, transmission shifts perfect in every gear. Brakes work great also.

I love buying old Toyota 4x4's and making them better,then letting them go to have someone else apprectiate them. I know when this truck was new in 1986, all the guys my age at that time, beat them to death! I am not a dealer, I am a private owner and fan of old Toyota 4x4s.
It is so cool seeing trucks like this still on the road.
The paint still shines up good, but there are nicks and scratches and some door dings. Everything works as it should, lights, gauges, radio, turn signals, everything!
$8000, might consider a trade, let me know what you have. Mike

Last edited:

Japes

Displaced Texan
Such a nice truck, I wish I was in the position to buy this, because if I would def be all over this! Goodluck with sale.

Caoboy

Adventurer
I would love to buy this truck, but I would hate to wreck that cab wheeling....This is an awesome truck, and from my home town area!

pilotmike

This one was manufactured by Custom Fab Mfg. of Oregon, out of Portland.
Still has their decal on the cab.ae4bc508.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy