1987 F250 and/or 1997 Alaskan 10' Cabover (SOLD)

MotoAG

I'm looking to sell my current set up to make room for a custom expo vehicle build.

I have a 1987 F250, 460, C6, with 86k original miles. No rust or dents. Interior is all original and in excellent condition. Runs great.

On the back is a 1997 Alaskan 10' cabover. This has the 3 burner stove, a HW tank, ducted heating, 3 way fridge, outdoor shower, two batteries in the camper. Everything works as it should. Interior is is nice shape. Sleeps 3 comfortably. Its the older hydraulic set-up but it hasn't given me any issues. I ordered a spare hyd. jack from Alaskan just in case and haven't had to use it. My dad ordered this camper new and I acquired it a few years back when he switched to a lighter pop-top on a Tacoma. I spent most of its first 20 years in his hay barn on the east side of Oregon.

The whole set up is really simple and old school but it works well. The truck is 2WD but with all that weight over the back axle it gets to most places you want to go.

It's hard to find any real comp's for this set up so I'm throwing out what I think is a fair starting point.

Would prefer to sell both for the space but I am willing to separate.
Asking $11k OBO for both or $2500 for the truck and $8500 for the Alaskan. Located in Seattle, Washington.

Exterior 2.jpg

Attachments

• Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 415
  • Interior 4.jpg
    Interior 4.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Interior 5.jpg
    Interior 5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 419
  • Interior 3.jpg
    Interior 3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

outdoors1

Greetings,
Interested in your rig, does this have fresh water / grey water tanks? Hows the suspension on the truck? Is the truck auto or standard?

MotoAG

Greetings,
Interested in your rig, does this have fresh water / grey water tanks? Hows the suspension on the truck? Is the truck auto or standard?
The truck has a C6 which is an automatic.

Overload springs are installed on the rear. It rides nicer with the camper than without. There is no sag.

There is the factory fresh water tank which I want to say is 25 gal. No grey water. It exits out the rear. I just put a 5 gallon bucket under it and use enviromentally safe soaps.

MotoAG

I received a deposit on the truck and camper today. I will update if the sale does not go through.

Thanks for everyone's interest.

MotoAG

Late confirmation on the sale of this post. Funny how life can go from staring at the ceiling to running **************** off...

The camper and the truck sold.

It was a challenge for me to try and find decent info on what an older set up like this would/should sell for. No-one ever posts "sold" prices which I get on the newer stuff that has a lot of competition. But I always thought it would be helpful to know what some of the older/oddball rigs actually sold for.

For anyone curious: I sold the pair for $10K in the end.

I think it was a fair price for the buyer and I was happy too. I probably could've held out and gotten more but this guy really liked the set up and his whole family was into it. I also threw in all of the cook ware, dishes, utensils, kitchen knives, linens, an outdoor folding cook station and a charcoal BBQ. None of it high end but all of it very usable.

Now I'm looking for the next rig that will better fit my current family situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3