1987 Toyota Land Cruiser for Sale

steveyardbird

I am listing currently my 87 for sale on Ebay and i have an 84 for sale as well. I have to let them go with the kids, bills etc the toys have to go. The ad will have a link to pictures of both cruisers. The 87 is the bronze one and the 84 is the primer black one. I was told by one of my friends and creators of the Overland journal to post it one here. hopefully this does not break any rules.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...576485008&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT

Both Cruisers are for sale either each or together. I had them packaged together before but everyone interested wanted them separately.
photos here:
http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af3/steveyardbird/

Last edited:

nbleak21

Adventurer
I'm currently looking, but can't access ebay. Can you post more info on here, as well as a pic or two?

steveyardbird

Hit the link in the bottom and it will direct you to the photo bucket pics

here is additional info:
Two Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60’s Packaged together
#1 is a 1984 Fj60 with 243,974 miles with the following upgrades:
4” BTB suspension Lift With Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Shocks with greasable anti inversion shackles and greasable springpins. $2000.00
Mickey Thompson challenger wheels 35” Goodyear MTR’s with 90% tread $1700
ARB Bull-bar $1000
IPF H4 Headlights and IPF glow ring headlamps $155.00
Custom Recaro front Seats and rear with Land Cruiser embroidered $1100.00
New 4spd and transfer case with fluid return hose $1260.00
New clutch new slave cylinder, new master cylinder $450.00
ARB Snorkel Webber 38DGAS Carburetor with plenum $875.00
Ceramic coated two piece headers and exhaust kit from Man-A-Fre $700.00
RV grind cam new gaskets from the oil pan up. $600.00
Davidson Unified Ignition Distributor $375.00
Stainless steel braided brake lines $110.00
New Rotors $135.00
New front Hub assembly and housing $900.00
Ported and polished head milled for more compression $650.00
Mean Green gear reduction starter $300.00
POR-15 on frame undercarriage and axels $200.00
New 35 DLG 5 yr.battery from Autozone $70.00
Heavy-duty front and rear sway-bars (rear not installed) $400.00
These parts all have about 8,000 miles on them. And total over $16,230.00 add shipping charges and you could add about $1500.00 more.
The 1984 needs new front calipers to pass inspection. I have purchased the calipers, but they need to be installed and will come with the auction. It needs some body work some rust on the wheel wells and on the top as well. Other than that it’s in good shape. The engine runs good, but will need a tune up and I would drain the old gas before running.
I have the tri- y headers to throw into the deal. The 87' was broken into they tried to steal the stereo head unit but just managed to break it. It still has the 10 disc changer. The 87' has no rust except for two small hole on each front door where there was what I believe some other mirrors installed prior to me owning it, and it has surface rust on the frame. It is the original paint on the 87'
Additional parts will be included in the auction:
Brake booster, tri-y headers, power steering pump, heavy duty rear sway bar for 84' with all of the mounting hardware, an extra front grill, stainless steel battery tray for dual setup, new tie rod ends, new brake shoes, new brake calipers, original leaf springs from 84', new gaskets for transfer case, exhaust/intake manifold, an extra starter and alternator as well. I am sure I am forgetting some others. The 84's interior was in the process of being gutted and swapped (before my injury), everything is there, and has been stored inside my house. Also included will be a dash pad cover new in box from Spectre Offroad.

#2 is a 1987 FJ60 with 271,000 miles rare bronze in color (color code 4E8) with the following upgrades:
ARB Bull-bar $1000.00
Old Man Emu Heavy Suspension Lift with anti inversion greasable shackles and greasable springpins , OME Nitro Charger shocks 33” BFG All-Terrains with 70%tread $2315.00
New H55 Transmission and transfer case with 10% gear reduction in 4 low (swapped out tranfer case gears from non U.S. to a U.S. Tranfer case). $5500.00
Hella H4 Headlights $75.00
Sony Headset and 10 Disc changer with Amp and Orion 6.5 XTR seperates
Aussie Mirrors, brown carpet from JT outfitters
New muffler and exhaust system $250.00
New 35 DLG 5 yr. battery from Autozone $70.00
This is over $8800 in upgrades.

I purchased this 1987 Cruiser to combine 2 Cruisers to make a great vehicle. I injured my shoulder at work in 2008 and I had to have surgery, and I can't work on them like I want too. I would rather see them go to someone than rot in the driveway.

I have the tri- y headers to throw into the deal. The 87' was broken into they tried to steal the stereo head unit but just managed to break it. It still has the 10 disc changer. The 87' has no rust except for two small hole on each front door where there was what I believe some other mirrors installed prior to me owning it, and it has surface rust on the frame. It is the original paint on the 87'

More pics here:
http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af3/steveyardbird/

Last edited:

steveyardbird

actually they are both in Portsmouth Virginia which is 5 minutes from Norfolk where they are in Portsmouth. The thing is eBay doesn't list all of the cities in that area of Hampton Roads.

Last edited:

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I feel like I had to read War and Peace for every price on more gear than I knew existed as well as shipping and upgrade totals only to not see an actual asking price. Maybe it was buried in the other prices???

Forum rules ask that you state a location and price - so that we can gauge our interest quickly.

Not slamming - just saying...

steveyardbird

Sorry for the long list of parts..someone could not view the listing on the other sites so I put it on here for him to view. I wanted to list everything that has been replaced on the vehicles so it would give a buyer some input on what he/she might need to have done in the near future and what has already been done. There are some things that I didn't list that had been done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism