1989 FJ62, Elizabeth City, NC.

Chuck Wagon

SOLD!!!

The time has come to sell Chuck...
Please follow the link below and please feel free to ask me any questions about the wagon.
Please e-mail me @ justinjennynh at yahoo.com
Asking $26,500

http://outerbanks.craigslist.org/cto/5099757639.html

2015042895141240 (2).jpg

SOLD!!!

Last edited:

Chuck Wagon

I have some more questions that were asked:
The lockers are just in the rear. I only add things to truck that have been things identified from a trip. The rear lockers have gotten me through kokopelli trail (190 miles long), poison spyder, gold bar, San Rafael swell, devil race track, top of the world, rose garden. Plus a bunch of others from multiple trips.
The bumper is made by tactical armor group and it is made with 3/16 inch steel. This bad boy is stout. It is a single side swing arm on greaseable bearings. It opens very easily.

The transmission is a 4 speed with overdrive which was mated to the engine originally. I have no idea what that means and transmissions are to be considered black magic, it boggles my mind on how it works. But parts, if needed, are easy to find and any reputable shop can work on it. It is mated to a stock transfer case (which was rebuilt when installed). It does have 4hi/lo. At 85mph it is running at 2100rpm~
The headliner is very clean, no sags or stains
All the gauges work. The fuel gauge is kind of weird. When it reads 1/4 tank it still has 20 to 18 gals left in the tank. It is a big tank at 38 gals and I think the fuel sending arm needs to be extended.

Just had the carpets and seats washed, finally got rid of the Moab dust.
20150701_193818_resized.jpg
20150701_193757_resized.jpg
20150701_193723_resized.jpg
20150701_193733_resized.jpg

tgadd

Beautiful FJ62. I just sold my beat-up one in Boston to prepare for a move down to NC at the end of this month. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread once my move and house sale takes place.

JKU87

Adventurer
Beautiful FJ62. I just sold my beat-up one in Boston to prepare for a move down to NC at the end of this month. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread once my move and house sale takes place.

I've always wanted a Cruiser and I live in Boston... go figure lol I'm not in the market though.

Chuck Wagon

One of the questions that I am asked over and over again..."is there rust?" There is no rust. If you want specific pics please contact me. I answer/return all phone calls. Even to the crazies... but not to the people who say "I like your Jeep". haha Seriously though, I don't return those calls. Another question is why am i selling it? I built Chuck to be a family off road hauler and I wanted to be far away from people with just my family. I finally took my wife to cruise Moab... which killed the dream. She does not like being off the road, she was white knuckle the whole trip. My son doesn't give two hoots about it. My daughter loves it. So it is time for me to move on to another family adventure.... Boating, haha. They all enjoy boating and so do I. This makes sense for us because we will always live on the water, being Coast guard. Hence me needing a decent tow rig. After I retire I will build a little more extreme rig based on a 40 series since I will only be taking one other person. I am not abandoning the land cruiser world...

I had a guy drive down from two hours north on Friday and he kept laughing and saying "it was sooo clean". Please ask questions... please come kick the tires, please come and drive it. I want you to appreciate all the time I had put into this rig.

20150706_080940_resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl