1991 Range Rover Hunter Value?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Which color is it? Hunters only came in four colors and the Arran Beige is somewhat polarizing - you either like it or you don't. White and green are more common and more popular (I had a green one) - red is a little more rare but it fades badly (so does the green).

According to one of the guys from LRNA who i met at an early Mid-Atlantic Rally the 1991 Hunter was one of the best Range Rovers ever sold in the USA. There were only a few hundred of them made and the lack of some of the more troubling features of its more expensive siblings (sunroof, power seats, ABS, sway bars, front spoiler, and leather interior) made it a better truck to own. It had the improved front brakes, electrical system and air conditioning of the other 91 models and the cloth interior is very nice.

Sometimes I wish I had kept mine but I replaced it with a D-90.

Arran beige is great, Jeff(Nomar on DSource) has one and I love that color.

DividingCreek

Explorer
Hunters also had the cool front ARB type bumper and unique badges.
My classics remain my favorite rovers of the many I have owned.

aek50

Adventurer
As a Hunter owner I have to say, it makes a great wheeling truck with the lack of the addittional optional accessories and a being a little more rare is fun too, Something like 700 were produced. My understanding is the front end with lack of ABS, the CVs etc are the same as the Defender and as such a little more heavy duty? If someone can confirm this that would be appreciated. . Origianlly came without sunroofs, power windows and locks but pretty much every dealer added all or most options as customers requested them which made the model idea a bit obsolete.

If anyone out there has rust/corrosion free panels in good shape, especially a hood from the green color Hunter, please let me know. I may be interested.

rover4x4

Adventurer
Hunter.jpgtwr.jpgkodak.JPGView attachment 198440

The Hunter is really nice. When I bought mine with 117k four years ago and the VC was shot. It is easy enough to replace the BW with an LT from a DI, you will have to cut the console to accommodate the CDL shifter. I would easily part with my Defender before the Hunter. The arran beige is love or hate, I hate it but Ive never seen a green or red Hunter. Ive only ever seen four Hunter editions they have all been arran beige.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
You know I swore off Range Rover Classics a few years ago but I think I just might fall off the wagon.

El Solis

Adventurer
I have a 1990 portofino red one, 205k miles, BONE STOCK NEVER OFF ROADED NO RUST CALIFORNIA CAR. needs AC recharge. Anyone interested? 😎

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
i'll let you know as soon as i close the deal on it. i have to haul it back and stick a transmission in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk