1992 Dodge W250 Cummins / VW Vanagon Abomination *MAY CAUSE BLINDNESS*

Karmann Vandiego

that's gonna be one hell of a shifter lol
I am still battling with the idea of converting to an automatic, or a series of linkages to control the manual...having personally driven the pickup as a manual for nearly 200k miles, I must say I have mixed feelings. Converting to automatic would probably be the easiest way to accomplish the task of forward motion ?

Are you going to Descend on Bend? I don't imagine this rig will be ready, but it would sure be a hit if it was (maybe 2022?).
FB_IMG_16244558671588529.jpg
Definitely on my lost of events to attend when the abomination lives! I have made it out there a couple years in my daily driver, the lovely yellow "Karmann Vandiego". I must say though, 5 days instead of 3 was too much for me. It may have been the 2 month journey that we had just completed, with DoB being the final destination before home. 5 people and a dog in a tin top Vanagon for 2 months is one cramped, crazy, wild, and free hell of an adventure!

FB_IMG_16244570098033586.jpg

Karmann Vandiego

Turbo fitment test time!

With the turbo flipped around backwards, it creates the proper clearance to fit it tucked closer to the block. The only real clearance issue is the oil filter.

Oil filter relocation, or a later model exhaust manifold to move the turbo more towards the back of the engine should solve that issue all together.

Excitement!
FB_IMG_1624496453326.jpgFB_IMG_1624496455719.jpgFB_IMG_1624496457837.jpgFB_IMG_1624496460386.jpg

ITTOG

Yeah I hope he is still working on it but I know he has mentioned a move and health problems causing delays. Hopefully all is well with him and he is just behind on updates.

zgfiredude

Wow, just went through all your pics. Awesome idea! Hope you are doing well and the project is still progessing along.
Agreed, I have been following this thread for awhile. The O/P has not been on here since December of 21....based on his profile. I hope all is well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk