1992 Hilux Surf, 21k mi, Exc orig condition, new updated head/head gasket, 5 spd $15,9k

hobbsm3

Hi folks,

Been a lurker for years and appreciate the insight I've received on this forum. I thought I'd post my Hilux to see if there's any interest. Not quite an expedition build, but ready for one nonetheless. Below is taken from my ebay ad.

I've got a beautiful 1992 Toyota Hilux Surf that was imported from Japan in August 2017. Power comes from a turbocharged and intercooled 2.4L diesel four-cylinder mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. I have added added approximately 2,500 miles over a 15-month ownership, during which maintenance has included a new updated head, head gasket, replacement of the water pump, clutch master and slave cylinders, and tires. This Hilux shows 35k kilometers (~21k miles) original miles. It was previously owned by an elderly gentleman, hence the low miles.

I feel that the truck is priced well for a very low mileage, super clean, well maintained unit that is turnkey with desirable options not limited to
- 5 spd manual
- Turbo diesel
- 4WD
- RHD (well at least for me)
- Swing out rear tire carrier
- Fender flares
- Running board delete

I get approx ~24-27 MPG in mixed driving.

VIN # LN1307002826

MECHANICAL:

The truck has benefited from a new updated second generation head and complete Gasket kit. This represents a huge improvement over the old heads, which had known issues, and makes it virtually bulletproof. This was recently done and cost approximately $2500.

- 21k original miles.

- It has a newer timing belt and water pump. Fresh oil change

- In the past year, it received new clutch slave and master cylinders.

- No oil leaks

- The AC is cold; heat works. Had an AC switch rebuild.

- 2 new batteries, oil change,

- New muffler and tail pipe.

- New wipers

- It enjoys cruising at 65 MPH, which is the sweet spot for these older trucks.

EXTERIOR:

The beautiful Black paint is accented by polished chrome bumpers, mirrors, and door handle trim. The roof and hood were professionally repainted to correct sun fading.

- NO RUST

- No accidents

- New 265/70 Yokohama Geolander tires.

- A front bumper guard will be included separately.

- Swing out rear tire carrier.

- There are some small scratches here and there commensurate with its age and originality.

INTERIOR:

Extremely well preserved gray cloth interior.

- Cloth seats in great shape. No rips or tears. No sagging of the seats.

- Original Headliner is in excellent shape. Original carpets in good shape.

- Power windows and door locks work fine.

- The radio is factory original and outfitted for Japanese bandwidth. It only gets FM channels to 90.5 frequency. The power antenna doesn't work.

In summary, this is a great truck that should continue to provide years of automotive bliss. Be realistic in your expectations and you will not be disappointed. I have a clear Texas title in my name.

Because of its age, the truck is sold as is. Feel free to reach out with any questions at (504) nine 57 - nine 636. Thanks for your interest.

I will be happy to assist with shipping including providing my shipping contact who can assist with very competitive quotes. Depending on the final offer, I will help cover some of the cost of shipping, upto $500.

You will be hard pressed to find a nicer truck. Gets thumbs ups and looks everywhere you take it.

I have a video of the truck running. Feel free to contact me if you want to view it.

Attachments

• t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 577
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 533
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 468
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 442
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 467
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 436
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 449
  • t12.jpg
    t12.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 409
  • t13.jpg
    t13.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 392
  • t14.jpg
    t14.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 350

hobbsm3

Some more pics

Attachments

• t15.jpg
    t15.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 270
  • t16.jpg
    t16.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 289
  • t17.jpg
    t17.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 256
  • t18.jpg
    t18.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 244
  • t19.jpg
    t19.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 244
  • t20.jpg
    t20.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 265
  • t21.jpg
    t21.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 326
  • t9.jpg
    t9.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 266
  • t10.jpg
    t10.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 247

rickashay

Explorer
Get this thing on Bring A Trailer!!! Super nice rig, I'd bet you'd get maximum return over there, considering the uniqueness and low mileage.

alexplb

so not too happy at 75-80 mph I suppose ? Does it wonder/shake/rattle etc? Presume suspension and drive train is stock, any lockers?

hobbsm3

Hi there, thanks for your question. It can go 75 to 80, but the RPMs go above 4000. No shakes, rattles or wandering. Suspension and drivetrain is stock. No lockers. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle