1994 Chevy Blazer Texas Ranch/Expedition Rig

Hank_DeHoyos

1994 Chevy Blazer Silverado 4x4
5.7 Liter TBI
Optima Red Top Battery
This is my first 4x4, and this is my first post. I purchased it in 2013 and I have been working with my dad to improve it ever since.
Current Modifications
6in BDS Lift Kit
35x12.5r17 General Grabbers on American Racing Wheels
Limited Slip Rear Differential
60in Hi-Lift Extreme Jack
Repainted the Blazer Black with Bushwacker OE style fender flares
ARB Front Bumper and Warn VR10000

Things that will be finished soon:
Custom Overland Drawer System
CB Radio
HID Headlight Conversion
Rear Bumper?

Future Plans:
Led Driving Lights
Yakima Round Bars
ARB Awning
Maxtrax
Dana 60 SAS and Corp. 14 Bolt rear swap with ARB Airlocker and 4.11 gears
37in General Grabbers
Custom Snorkel
LS Swap
Adventure Trailer

This is the Blazer in stock form, it fell right out of the 1990s with the chrome accents. Also the roof is rusty and the whole truck needs to be repainted
IMG_1935.jpg
IMG_1951.jpg
It was finally lifted in Spring of 2015
IMG_4248.JPGIMG_4249.JPG
IMG_4251.JPGIMG_4255.JPG
Here it is with the lift kit completed
IMG_4330.jpgIMG_4335.jpg
First time offroad is a short weekend trip down to friend's ranch in Falls City, Texas, about an 1 1/2 drive from San Antonio. County and ranch roads were terrible, but the new BDS kit soaked up all the bumps and ruts nicely. We arrived at night, so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. Here is a couple from the trip
IMG_4415.JPGFile_000 (4).jpg

Last edited:

Hank_DeHoyos

I've put in a good amount of miles driving ranch roads and trails with this rig. I love the General Grabbers, they're not too loud on the city streets and highway, yet very aggressive offroad.
Blazer
File_000.jpegFile_000 (3).jpg

Last edited:

Hank_DeHoyos

Tear Down and Repaint

Repainting began in Feb. 2016 and should be finished soon, here are some photos. NO MORE RUST!
File_000 (6).jpgFile_000 (5).jpgIMG_3058.jpgIMG_3088.jpgIMG_3089.jpgIMG_3091.jpgIMG_3127.jpgIMG_3128.jpgIMG_3129.jpg

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Hank and thanks for posting pics of your fine rig. Now all you need to do is rotate the pics so they are facing the right way up! Looks like you truck is doing well with your improvements and upgrades. Keep us posted with progress. Cheers, Chilli..:)

justcuz

Explorer
Nice looking Blazer.
My daughter has a 92 and I am thinking of making a desert rig out of it. I've been eyeballing 1st generation Ford Expedition spindles and suspension parts to see if I can put the taller Ford spindles up front for more suspension travel.

BlackPearl

Hell yeah! its about time we got another 2 door project up here! Cant wait to see the build ill be watching this one

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Looks great, now take it out and scratch it up. Glad to hear you love the tires, I just bought a set for my wife's truck, have not mounted them yet, we are still in snow season.

TwinDuro

Sweet rig Hank, keep up the good work! The combination of a fresh coat of black paint, those 35" red-letter Grabbers and the 6" lift really look killer!

Hank_DeHoyos

More Paint Pics!

More pictures of the Blazer, ARB Bumper and Warn Winch to be mounted in the next couple of weeks.
FullSizeRender (5).jpg
FullSizeRender (6).jpg
Now the only thing missing is dirt!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice meats on your beast:Wow1: Hank. Now take er out and rip er up. Remember to take some pics. Cheers, Chilli...:smiley_drive:

Hank_DeHoyos

ARB Bumper and Warn Winch added

Here's a couple of pictures of the ARB on the Blazer

IMG_3478.jpg
IMG_3480.JPGIMG_3477 (2).jpg

More photos to come with summer approaching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal