1994 Hallmark Milner pop up

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Holy steal Batman!! You got a great camper for a good price. It looks awsome on your truck. Wish you the best of luck with it.

AKTank

Observer
I'll have to try the Tilex shower spray. It really doesn't bother me but my wife is a little bit of a clean stickler. The rear bumper is a Ranchhand that i've done a bit of work to. I welded my swing out spindles in to 90 degree elbows and then welded the elbows onto the ends of the bumper. The tire swing out was actually off of an explorer that I gave a guy a case of beer for. The tank is a CO2 tank for filling tires. On the left side I have a box I built to hold two fuel cans locked in with room to fit my 2 water jugs on top.

Thankfully the camper was the perfect length and my swing outs still fit perfectly.

I did have to cut off the stainless steel ladder the guy had mounted to the camper when I bought it though. The guy looked a bit shocked when I took out the hack saw. The bumper works perfect as steps even for my 5'2" wife.

AKTank

Observer
How have people hooked power to their campers? I've got dual batteries set up under the hood already, a 136 amp alternator will have a tough time charging three batteries. I've thought about adding a switch between the auxiliary battery and the camper battery to the alternator so I can choose which is being charged.
I've also thought about removing the battery from the camper itself and just using the auxiliary battery under the hood as the only power for the camper.
What have you guys done with the batteries and charging systems for the camper?

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
You may not be able to remove all of the mildew stains. They are pretty tough. A strong bleach solution might get some of it, but if it's strong enough to bleach mildew stains it can be pretty hard on fabric. Another solution might be a solution of OxyClean or some other oxygen bleach. It's not as damaging to fabrics.

I think you'll find that a 136 amp alternator will be plenty to keep up with three batteries. You're not likely to have all three drawn down at the same time anyway. The starting battery will likely never be low except for a few minutes right after starting. And I can't imagine what kind of loads you could have that would draw two aux batteries down enough to be much of a challenge for a 136A alternator.

JP

AKTank

Observer
I'll have to look into wiring the third battery into the truck. I've got my second battery charging through an isolator so I should be able to come off of that to the camper battery.
Does anybody have a regular 120v fridge in their camper? The guy I bought this from was to cheap to buy a $75 part for the 3 way fridge so he junked it and bought a $50 mini fridge from walmart. I don't think he wired it into the inverter. The fridge works when camper is plugged in but I don't think it does when running on battery power.

flywgn

Explorer
That's a great-looking camper. Good buy!! If you begin to have guilt pains you can always go back to the seller and give him the other hundred bucks. :)

I don't think you'll be happy having the AC fridge as your only fridge. It will draw down your batteries quick time or you'll have to run a genset in camp. My thought would be to take the 'savings' you made on the purchase (unless you've already had those 'guilt pains' and returned the C-note) and put that towards a fridge designed for the camper.

Again, nice fine and purchase.

Allen R

1stDeuce

Explorer
My truck has two batts also, but I run a camper battery so I'm not pulling on them. That said, I only sit a day or two at the most, and I have yet to pull much at all out of my Group31 camper batt, even with heater, lights, fan, and some laptop charging. I think winter camping would use a lot more battery... I am currently recharging the camper batt through the 7-pin RV connector, though I added a relay underhood so the connector only gets power from the truck when it's running. Connecting them constantly will drain all three, and could allow them to drain each other if the truck sits for a long while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad