1995 Quuigley fuel tank options

kcernest

Observer
Those quigley tanks are notorious for failing/delaminating where it is shortened. I bought a new tank for something like $180 on Amazon when I got paint chips in my fuel filter and had it shortened/sealed.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I'd go that route... Or get a rear mounted tank from a cut away... 35 gal behind the axle, or 50 also.

gtbensley

Explorer
Tank is out!! The straps didnt want to come out but ended up just snapping them trying to get the bolt off. Looks okay besides that front section however I am trying to find a new tank to have cut down currently. Think that might be the best long term solution.

Bikersmurf....I could not keep the spare tire if I ran a aft axle tank correct?

gtbensley

Explorer
Just found a brand new ford tank for $75 on craigslist....4 hr round trip to get it but that still looks like my best plan. The tank I took out just doesnt seem worth fixing.

philos

Explorer
Double check the Craigslist tank fittings/filler/vents.
There are model year differences, although I don't know them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cjken

Explorer
I wish I had the 50 in my van. The 35 has been plenty of capacity so far, but would be nice to have the extra range.

gtbensley

Explorer
50 would be awesome once in a while but around here I really don't need that type of range it seems. Plus I don't feel like re working things for the tank.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Can't go wrong starting with new so long as it's the right one.

I've got space for a spare and a 35... Could likely even fit the 55 with it MG.

gtbensley

Explorer
New fell through. Guy won't respond to me. Looks like I might be getting one from quigley. Just need to get it back running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach