1997 Chevy 4x4 Ambulance - $10,000 - Bend, Oregon

jlcanterbury

For sale is a 1997 Chevy 4x4 Ambulance

The vehicle is built on a Chevy 3500 chassis.

Factory 4x4

7.4l V8 engine with 217,000 miles. The truck runs great, very smooth, and plenty of power.

These older Chevy trucks are rock solid, and the 7.4l 454 Chevy engine is well known for reliability and dependability.

This Ambulance was taken out of service in 2022. It was previously a rescue vehicle in Ruidoso - a small mountain town in New Mexico. This was their severe weather response unit. It was maintained as an emergency vehicle, so you know that all maintenance and servicing has been kept up to date.

It is equipped with 4x4, as well as an "On Spot" automatic snow chain system. This is an awesome addition, especially if you plan to build a ski/snowboard rig! Just flip a switch in the cab, and the OnSpot snow chain system automatically deploys at the rear wheels. A set of spinning snow chains clears snow in front of/under the rear tires. A super cool utility to have in the winter, and you don't have to get out, or even stop the vehicle to deploy chains.

The vehicle has a high quality ambulance box built by Horton. Excellent high quality storage compartments inside and outside. Lots of extra space for gear and for camper build components. The box is all aluminum, so it won't ever rust.

The truck sits on a great set of all terrain tires with tons of tread remaining.

This would make a great platform for a camper build, adventure truck, motor rig, or work truck. So many useful features come with the ambulance package.

Asking $10k

Located in Bend Oregon.

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg
IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1585.jpg
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg
IMG_1589.jpg
IMG_1572.jpg

Last edited:

nyyankees588

Not in the market to buy... But always curious - what's the interior standing height? 6'+ or just under?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jlcanterbury

Not in the market to buy... But always curious - what's the interior standing height? 6'+ or just under?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yes, this one is just under 6'.
6' or over seem to be very hard to come by, except for some of the newer ambulance boxes.

I'm 6'1" and travel in an ambulance build with 5'8" interior height. Not much of a nuisance, I don't spend much time standing or walking in rear box. Simple head tilt and I'm OK walking around, I have a dropped down floor in my kitchen/shower giving me a place to stand straight up for those tasks.

I will update the listing with interior box measurements when I can get over to the vehicle to measure.

Thanks!

BeardedTacoma

Does it come with any service records?

Can you provide additional pictures of the wall between the horton body and chevy cab. Inside and between the two.

jlcanterbury

Does it come with any service records?

Can you provide additional pictures of the wall between the horton body and chevy cab. Inside and between the two.

Unfortunately service records were not included, but I purchased this directly from it's life in service as an emergency vehicle. They generally keep these very well maintained due to their required use.

Here are a few photos of how the cab is attached to the box.
IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78