1998 Land Rover Discovery

ep3w

1998 Land Rover Discovery 1 LE
190,000 miles
4.0L V8 / Locking Center Differential / Lifted / Well Maintained / Land Rover Enthusiast Owned

Asking $5,000 OBO

I've owned this since April 2014 and am only selling because I've upgraded to a Discovery 3/LR3. I've taken great care of it over the past 3 years and put a ton of work into it with the focus of making it reliable for long road trips and trips into the mountains. It has never left me stranded and I hate to see it go but I currently have 3 cars and only need 1. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it long distances into remote places and I do regularly. It really is in pretty shape for its age including the interior.

It is an LE so it has all the usual options including leather, heated seats, two sunroofs, jump seats etc.

A few upgrades include (not shown in all the pictures):
  • 2” Terrafirma Lift and spring isolators
  • “Camel cut” on the rear fenders
  • General Grabber AT2 all terrain tires, including a full size spare
  • Steel front bumper with winch mount (no winch)
  • Hella 500ff driving lights wired to the OEM fog light switch
  • Front and rear recovery points (JATE rings front and rear and shackle for the hitch)
  • Heavy duty rubber mats front, rear and cargo area
  • New speakers and head unit including aux input

Key maintenance items:
  • Updated cooling system including new radiator, coolant hoses, thermostat, fan and fan clutch, and coolant expansion tank. Cool running engine is key for the aluminum block V8. It has never overheated.
  • New fuel pump
  • New fuel filter
  • New O2 sensors
  • New front brake calipers
  • New brake rotors and pads on front and rear
  • New brake master cylinder
  • New brake proportioning valve
  • New wheel bearings front and rear
  • New bushings in the rear suspension (trailing arms and A-frame ball joint)
  • New motor mounts and transmission mount
  • New spark plugs and upgraded wires
  • New intake manifold gasket
  • New alternator and battery
  • Recent fluid change of all fluids
  • New PCV valve
  • Air and cabin filters
  • Sunroofs permanently sealed

Noted items that do not work:
  • The heater core has a leak. It is currently bypassed so the truck runs great and there is no issue except there is no heat.
  • It can be finicky putting gas in it. There is just a vapor lock issue. In all cases you can put gas in it, sometimes it just takes a bit of time. Haven't tried diagnosing it but I assume it is the vent.
  • Passenger door lock must be manually opened. The power lock does not work. Needs a new mechanism.
  • ABS. For those familiar with the D1 it is more of a nuisance than anything, however it just needs a wheel sensor to get it working if you wanted to.
  • As with all good british vehicles it leaks a bit of everything however it does not leak enough to ever need to top off fluids or even leak enough to leave a spot on the ground when you park it.

I'm sure there are several things I'm missing here so feel free to contact me with any questions. I'm looking forward to this going to a good home.

14857824376_8055521fc2_o.jpg
14694130440_e2a738c2b5_o.jpg
14694159649_a358ded572_o.jpg
14879600122_3096f1bf08_o.jpg
IMG_20160305_171757009.jpg
IMG_20160416_102617594.jpg
PSX_20160216_212507.jpg
PSX_20160417_201616.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members