1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

JDAY

Observer
Thanks for the reply.
Those are the SR5 wheels. They came factory on my 1995 SR5 4runner. I believe they used them for a few years.

John

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
What: 1986 Toyota 4Runner GLX 22RE 5-speed

Where: Central Ohio, USA

Mods: Cragar steel wheels with BFG 31x10.5.15, ZUK mod, Trail Gear rear bumper, Yakima roof rack and basket, Hella F500 Driving lights.

Trips: I spent most of 2014 getting this thing in shape as it is my daily driver(approx 30 per day). So far this year we've taken one trip so far to Mohican State Park in Ohio. For being January in Ohio, the truck was pretty warm inside. My wife and I slept in the truck with temps in the mid upper 20's. We plan to really find our adventurous side this year and hope to instill it within my two year old son as well. We have a bunch of trips planned to state parks and camping areas as well. Once my son is comfortable on longer trips, we plan to really get out of Ohio and explore.

Very nice rig.

Ive been lusting after that exact rig, though in stock form for years.

Id love to find a clean one like you have, if only to park it next to my other "vintage" japanese 4x4 :sombrero:

RUclean03.jpg

Chaser88

Observer
What: 1986 Toyota 4Runner GLX 22RE 5-speed

Where: Central Ohio, USA

Mods: Cragar steel wheels with BFG 31x10.5.15, ZUK mod, Trail Gear rear bumper, Yakima roof rack and basket, Hella F500 Driving lights.

Trips: I spent most of 2014 getting this thing in shape as it is my daily driver(approx 30 per day). So far this year we've taken one trip so far to Mohican State Park in Ohio. For being January in Ohio, the truck was pretty warm inside. My wife and I slept in the truck with temps in the mid upper 20's. We plan to really find our adventurous side this year and hope to instill it within my two year old son as well. We have a bunch of trips planned to state parks and camping areas as well. Once my son is comfortable on longer trips, we plan to really get out of Ohio and explore.

Such a sick rig! Nice work!

TrucMan

Adventurer
I think this goes here... :peepwall: A first first gen 4runner... Sorta.
DSCN3102.JPG
DSCN3103.JPG

I just got it, im usually a Jeep guy. Buuut it was to neat to pass up.

Last edited:

yeler

Observer
had some fun this weekend

Attachments

• 11174863_10205288689411111_4574735808944393864_n.jpg
    11174863_10205288689411111_4574735808944393864_n.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 37

TrucMan

Adventurer
Thanks! Its great, although the 22r is a little something to get used to after driving a '89 Cherokee with the 4.0 I6. Still a lot of fun so far though, I got some big plans for it.

lofreqjeff

Observer
Thanks! Its great, although the 22r is a little something to get used to after driving a '89 Cherokee with the 4.0 I6. Still a lot of fun so far though, I got some big plans for it.

I know a guy who has one, he calls it the B-4Runner :)

Check out these Trekker builds:
http://www.yotatech.com/f197/dropzones-1981-trekker-build-up-thread-117523/

http://www.yotatech.com/f209/toyota-fiberglass-1983-trekker-build-up-thread-131775/

That should give you some great ideas - and keep ya busy for months/years :)

TrucMan

Adventurer
Thanks lofregjeff for the threads, I had already read through Dropzone's, ironically the guy I bought my Trekker from knew the guy who built the B4Runner! I dont think im gunna turn it into a wheeler like him though, and I for sure cant afford to do what Slacker done to his. But I hope to have a solid light duty wheeler/great overlanding truck. Overlanding is really what I bought this truck for, so thats what im shooting for with when I start building this truck. Im stoked to get started on it though, I need to get my other truck sold though before I can do anything on the Trekker though :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater