1st Generation Toyota 4Runner's.....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

live oak

yes, 33x10.5x15. i had the older mt, now i have the newer style same size. i dont have a close up of the winch mount, but i zoomed in on another pic. can take some better pics of it if you're interested.my build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=97722.0

Attachments

• PicsArt_01-09-07.58.24.jpg
    PicsArt_01-09-07.58.24.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 52
  • PicsArt_01-09-07.51.36.jpg
    PicsArt_01-09-07.51.36.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:

nagc

85 Stocker

Here's my stock 85. I just put new 30/950/R15 BF Goodrich K02s on it last week. I love this thing.

IMG_4837.jpg

TrucMan

Adventurer
I love the stock steel wheels look! Are those off a Tacoma or whatever?

Sent from my iPhone using paper airplanes.

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Those wheels are likely original--one of the two steel wheel styles available in '84 and '85 4runners (and maybe back to 1980 in Trucks). There was a similar, solid steel wheel style available from '86-89 in 4runners and 86-94, I believe in Pickups, (some painted white and some silver) but it had more backspacing (closer to 4.5"). Those white wheels above have 3.75" of backspacing, I believe, and won't fit on '86+ trucks without spacers.

Very nice '85, there, nagc!

Last edited:

TrucMan

Adventurer
Ah, thanks Tanglefoot! They did look like they had a lot of backspacing. Learn something new...

live oak

Walt has been telling me about your buildup, as I expected top self work, do you still have the 87?

hey bobby, yes i still have the 87.i plan on restoring it eventually, keep it stock looking but add a 3rz when I find a decent one.

as far as the white steel wheels discussed above, most trucks came with one as a spare also

Diesel 4runner

I think I found my ideal 4runner for the swap, going to hopefully look at it this weekend. PM me your number as I have misplaced it.
hey bobby, yes i still have the 87.i plan on restoring it eventually, keep it stock looking but add a 3rz when I find a decent one.

as far as the white steel wheels discussed above, most trucks came with one as a spare also

nagc

Yessir, they are the original wheels that came with the truck. You'll see them on a lot of the late 70s early 80s base pickups I believe. I was contemplating going to black steel wheels, but decided I like this original look way better. I don't plan on doing too much to this truck, just keeping it a nice, clean stock vehicle to enjoy.

austintaco

Explorer
Those wheels do look good on your truck, and now I am looking for stock 16" options that have similar backspacing. I recently put some IFS limited 4runner wheels on my 84 4runner, and even with the 1.5" wheel spacers that were already on the truck, the 255/85/16's barely stick out past the wheel well. I don't like trucks that look like roller skates, but I didn't think the backspacing would have such a drastic result. From the side, I really like the wheels, but I don't know if I can handle the width. I'm downloading the photos now so I can post.

Diesel 4runner

After countless years, I have finally purchased my ideal 4Runner. I have always wanted a 1985 4runner for the reasons everyone knows, but the other reason is for me to do the diesel swap I have always wanted to do. I picked up a really rough 2wd 85 Toyota pickup with the 2LT diesel several years ago to anticipate swapping the engine into a 4runner. Anyhow, the 4runner is bone stock with exception of a aftermarket radio and the infamous door panel speaker installation, errr. Overall the 4Runner is good condition, I am the third owner and the second owner grew up with the first owners son. At some point I will do a build log of the plans for it. But in the meantime I will do my research and figure out what I what want to do and what order to do it in.
20160126_142725.jpg20160126_142558.jpg

TrucMan

Adventurer
Wow, sweet starting point Diesel 4runner!! When you start a build thread be sure to post a link! I love that color. It's the best looking color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77