2000 WJ 4.7L - NJ to CA? (on a budget)

raider1234

Hey, high school make out spots sound like totally appropriate crash spots to me, but I think like one, so maybe someone can knock some sense into us if that's not the case :D As for showers and stuff, I know most truck stops around here have showers and locker rooms and that sort of thing. Now how receptive they would be to non-truckers, that I don't know. They can get nasty on the CB occasionally if they find out out you're not one of them. Now you aren't some homeless dude trying to bum a shower, you're on the road same as they are, so that may help some. Also, it's amazing what free beer will do to diffuse a situation, for any sketchy encounters for that matter. Truck stops may not be your best bet, but it's the only thing I know of. Hopefully someone's got a better idea, but if not and it works, you're set. Perhaps I should add some decent moral advice as well to not me look like a total sleazbag haha. Some of the money you save from lack of lift and RTT could go into a shower system. Could be anything from a full blown vehicle depenent one to a simple solar shower. Just make sure you find a real good make out spot if you go that route ;)

Similar to our what we did for our trip to Firefly Music Festival, I'm going to purchase a Helio Pressure Shower, cheap Walmart shower tent, and luggable loo for all our back-country hygiene needs. I don't why I didn't think about that earlier especially when I've already had to deal with it :oops:

They all worked pretty well for the five days we we're there so I'm going to go for that again.

raider1234

Trip WIshlist

Hello all. I have attached a link to the Google Sheets spreadsheet that I created with my trip wishlist/practical list. If you have a second please take a look over and it let me know what I should add or don't need. The WJ tab is the optimal setup and the WJ Cheap is what I'm likely going to go with. The other tabs are if I was able to get another vehicle before the trip but that won't likely happen. Thanks for looking.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11rPSA1m_uIWCGxVFsK79dENjmH9O8X4GRmGu1_Yc-Q8/edit#gid=0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online