2001 Ford Ranger Build Thread

TheFutur

Adventurer
Very nice Ranger. I like the direction your going with it. Modifying mine right now for more trail use. Its set up more for rocks at the moment

Thanks, im going for more of an overlanding style rig, after completing a 3 week trip from vancouver to whitehorse and back in my previous ford escape ive been wanting to build up something more capable. Its a shame cause i dont see many trips longer than a long weekend in the near future. But I still get out and enjoy it as much as I can off paved roads.

Have any pictures or a build thread of your own? Curious to see what you've done with yours.

Ryan Ronning

Professional Wanderer
I have lots of pics that i will post as soon as I can but at the moment it appears I cant yet. Probably not enough posts yet

TheFutur

Adventurer
Back with another update!

Pictures from my last trip:

PKRy3MO.jpg

^Kingdom Lake, B.C.

mAsZYo0.jpg

^Me goofing off while the girlfriend makes our lazy lunch.

0PjOM5b.jpg

^Stripped front shock, lost both bushings as well as the nut. used a bushing from my sway bar links and vice griped the to. Held for a while... haha

CivoQLc.jpg

^Old shock out, new shock in. Good old parking lot repairs.

x3mn5dS.jpg

Gp3UJ2u.jpg

^Abandoned mine equipment.

vSiZmgB.jpg

t2cEmoS.jpg

pR6YDEG.jpg

TheFutur

Adventurer
And on with the latest mods:

yvQtGMo.jpg

^Seats coming out!

F4LH6W9.jpg

K9ypz7M.jpg

^New 60/40 Bench seat in!

QqVrK0b.jpg

^ Happy pup who know has room to come in the truck!

Planning on building an extension to the middle seat so the dog has more room to lay down.

Future mods will be mounting some Rigid Industries D2 Driving LED's (http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/50231) for night runs on logging roads which keep on happening unplanned. Stock headlights are terrible. And eventually a new air compressor since my Canadian Tire special is on its last legs and some Husky floor mats.

livetoride21

Adventurer
Great truck and build so far! Nice to see other rangers on here, as they're just as capable if not more capable than many other more common rigs. What were those "knock off" max tracks you had? I'd be interested in checking them out. Max traxx are just too expensive.

TheFutur

Adventurer
Great truck and build so far! Nice to see other rangers on here, as they're just as capable if not more capable than many other more common rigs. What were those "knock off" max tracks you had? I'd be interested in checking them out. Max traxx are just too expensive.

Thanks! And I agree rangers can be quite capable, even stock!

I assume you're in the states so ill link you to American Amazon. They are called "Escaper Buddies" and have worked quite well every time I've used them other than one time in deep wet snow with a highway m+s tire on. If i had 4 instead of two i might have made it.

Edit: i should clarify that i was also trying to drive up a hill in that deep wet snow. It wasn't on flat ground. The tracks do pretty well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A...X236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=escaper+buddy

Last edited:

TheFutur

Adventurer
So this came in the mail today courtesy of my amazing girlfriend as an early birthday gift.

Sadly I have no time to install this week due to 3 mid terms and a presentation so Ill be doing it over the weekend.

Will post photos of the install and of how the lights perform at night!

20161024_105603.jpg

livetoride21

Adventurer
Thanks! And I agree rangers can be quite capable, even stock!

I assume you're in the states so ill link you to American Amazon. They are called "Escaper Buddies" and have worked quite well every time I've used them other than one time in deep wet snow with a highway m+s tire on. If i had 4 instead of two i might have made it.

Edit: i should clarify that i was also trying to drive up a hill in that deep wet snow. It wasn't on flat ground. The tracks do pretty well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A...X236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=escaper+buddy

thank you! and haha nope, I'm from the same side of the pond as you. Well, kind of. Montreal quebec. Same side of the pond but different province ha

TheFutur

Adventurer
thank you! and haha nope, I'm from the same side of the pond as you. Well, kind of. Montreal quebec. Same side of the pond but different province ha

Oh nice! Sadly they are a bit more expensive on canadian amazon due to the exchange rate but the same goes for max traxx. These trax seem pretty good so far but I haven't had to use them much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater