2001 Tacoma ExtraCab

oliverlove

Adventurer
It is with a heavy heart that I list my little Taco up for sale. She has been so good to my wife and I, but a baby has squeezed in and a car seat just doesn't fit. Over the years I have made quite a few modifications to the truck, some great, some amazing! My wife and I are teachers and every summer we pick a region of the US and went and explored for a few months. This truck has been to quite a few of the National Parks, and to both coasts. We will be sad to see it go. So, on to the info!

Truck itself

2001 2.7L Auto Extended Cab
When I bought it from a Dealer in Mass, the frame had just been replaced 2009
147,000 miles
Grey cloth interior

Changes
-ARB Front Bumper with 8k smittybuilt winch (Has a internal winch control installed, but currently not wired in) (winch clocked and resealed)
-OME Lift kit - Nitro Shocks up front with heavy springs, expo springs in the rear with nitro shocks
-Hankook ATM tires - 35,000 miles on them, plenty more to go!
-Laptop mount installed on the transmission tunnel for passenger use
-ARB Snorkel
-Rear seats removed, platform built for my dog. (All original interior will be included)
-Floors, doors, and rear wall have all been stripped and sound deadener was added
-Hood Blackout panel
-Mudflaps were loose in the beb when I bought it, I put on smaller ones, but the originals will be included

Maintenance
-Last month all the u joints in rear driveshaft were replaced, 1 was worn, but better to be safe than sory
-all fluid changes have been done by me with synthetics, ever 4,500 miles

Along with all the good things that have come about over the last there are a few things that need to get fixed. The hood has a few bubbles of rust along at leading edge, the windshield will need to be replaced if you don't live in the great state of Texas as it is cracked. I started installing a dual battery setup, but only got as far as welding in the 2nd box and running the wiring and the solenoid, but never hooked it up. It will need a battery monitor installed as well. I paid a local offroad shop to build me a rack for our Roof Top Tent based off a design I found here online. It has worked so well for us over the years, and the only change I would make would be to add tabs for a light bar. It stands up high enough to protect the edges of the folded tent, but the tent rides down below the cab roof for better aerodynamics.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Asking Price - Truck by itself - $7,500 Truck with Rack and Tent - $8,500 OBO

img0916t.jpg
981531_554286010223_1769946880_o.jpg

Pic included to show the ONLY time the winch has been used. It has been unreeled once a year and oiled.

308189_537026283853_1868169260_n.jpg
10513442_575777216673_7823314299820001906_n.jpg

Last edited:

oliverlove

Adventurer
Small details I have forgotten to include -

LED Rock lights that are remote controlled. We use them for camping when we get in and out of the tent.
(Will post a picture tonight)

Laptop mount
BpuJyT7-UFuquFnZUSFckADV0A2bnpYbmkFMqH_5ix8.jpg

oliverlove

Adventurer
Lets bump this up and update the thread.

A member contacted me about buying the truck and asked me to do some maintance work. I did, and as usual they backed out.

The entire cab was resprayed. There were a few rust issues that were dealt with at that time.

The 2nd battery was hooked up, and the internal winch controller was rewired by a professional(not me). The bed was worked on, as it had a few rust issues, those have been fixed.

jmeb

Observer
Damn. If this wasn't such a long drive home I would be calling you right now. Nice rig, good price.

GLWS.

oliverlove

Adventurer
Yes the truck is still available, its located in South Texas near South Padre Island.

For the right price I can meet the buyer somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__