2001 Tundra with OME

jsnow

Adventurer
I also took a measurement from the lower control arm to the bumpstop's metal edge right above the bushing. It was at 3 3/4" with the tape at the edge closet to the wheel going straight down. If anyone feels like going out and taking a measurement I would appreciate it.

jsnow

Adventurer
Well, I am going to be swapping out coils to the 885's, so I'll get some pics up when it's all said and done. I think the CV's will be much happier!

thecriscokid

Explorer
I'm looking forward to seeing how the 885's turn out.

I'm trying to figure out if I should go with 885's or just bite the bullet once and get some coilovers on my '00 Tundra. I have a 2" aluminium block that is to high.
Are you getting terrible contact from the UCA's to the coils? I had to get some aftermarket UCA's and still have a little contact...

Anyone know how much lift at the wheel a 2" non-compresioncoil block gives at the wheel? I have read that it is not a 1:1 ratio, that the control arm magnifies the amount of lift...

I would suggest some Alcan springs for the rear. I have about 5k on a +500lb +2" set. (not really 2" maybe 1/2" in reality) But they ride well.

Please post up some measurments when you get the 885's in

jim65wagon

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 885's turn out.

I'm trying to figure out if I should go with 885's or just bite the bullet once and get some coilovers on my '00 Tundra. I have a 2" aluminium block that is to high.
Are you getting terrible contact from the UCA's to the coils? I had to get some aftermarket UCA's and still have a little contact...

Anyone know how much lift at the wheel a 2" non-compresioncoil block gives at the wheel? I have read that it is not a 1:1 ratio, that the control arm magnifies the amount of lift...

I would suggest some Alcan springs for the rear. I have about 5k on a +500lb +2" set. (not really 2" maybe 1/2" in reality) But they ride well.

Please post up some measurments when you get the 885's in

If I remember correctly, the ratio is 1" = 1.66". A full 2" lift block would result in a 3.32" lift. I think this ratio is fairly accurate; I had a 1" thick (daystar) puck on top of the coilover and netted just over 1.5" overall.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
If I remember correctly, the ratio is 1" = 1.66". A full 2" lift block would result in a 3.32" lift. I think this ratio is fairly accurate; I had a 1" thick (daystar) puck on top of the coilover and netted just over 1.5" overall.

I'd agree with that. I figured 7mm ---> 12.7mm at the wheel, which is just about 1.8 :D

Of course that ratio will slightly change (neglibible) throughout the arc of the control arm. Shouldn't be enough to matter unless we are talking some pretty wicked angles.

jsnow

Adventurer
I'm out of town for a week, so it'll be probably two weeks before I have the new coils installed. I will post up the measurements when it is all said and done. I think the spring rate of the 886's is perfect, but the coil is just too tall, so I hope the 885's don't feel to soft. We'll find out. I'm having a shackle flip built for the rear, and run the stock springs with greasable bushings, I know they are soft, but they should also flex well off road. I may upgrade to Alcans in the future when I get a RTT, and have some weight back there. Stay tuned!

thecriscokid

Explorer

Thanks, that sounds about right. I am amazed at how many shops/people try to say it's a 1:1 ratio. 3.32" is defiantly way to much. I'm looking forward to seeing the 885 setup

jim65wagon, What are you running in the front now?

jim65wagon

Thanks, that sounds about right. I am amazed at how many shops/people try to say it's a 1:1 ratio. 3.32" is defiantly way to much. I'm looking forward to seeing the 885 setup

jim65wagon, What are you running in the front now?

I managed to pick up a low mileage set of Donahoe coilovers for a ridiculous price.

jsnow

Adventurer
The 885's went on today with out any drama. I went the no coil compressor install route, worked great. It would help to have an extra set of hands around though. It dropped the truck down about 3/4". The ride is nice and smooth, not too soft. I think I'm setting at about a 2.5" over stock ride height. Pics on Monday.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The 885's went on today with out any drama. I went the no coil compressor install route, worked great. It would help to have an extra set of hands around though. It dropped the truck down about 3/4". The ride is nice and smooth, not too soft. I think I'm setting at about a 2.5" over stock ride height. Pics on Monday.

Cool, sounds like a winning combo. I'll be watching for the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater