2001 Xplorer Excursion: 4-Season 4x4 RV on Dodge 3500, 5.9L Cummins Diesel Engine

nikkijodry

Breakup sale! Started a home remodel, and ended up with a breakup, and have to let my adventure vehicle go to free up cash and time to to tie up some of the loose ends left...my loss is your gain. This vehicle is a bit of a work in progress, and is priced as such, but has been an absolutely solid vehicle and would be a stellar overland vehicle with a little elbow grease. This thing is rare and completely customized, so pricing is difficult, and I am open to discussion within reason. Make me an offer, motivated to move on with life.

Details:
2001 Dodge Xplorer Xcursion 4x4 4-season RV
21-foot fully self contained RV with 5.9L Cummins diesel engine, built on Dodge 3500 chassis. Custom work done professionally by Mesa Overland in Colorado.
As-is price: $55,000, OBO.

Truck:
115,XXX miles
Synergy progressive lift springs
New NV 4500 5 speed MANUAL transmission
Air-ride suspension
4 inch turbo exhaust
Cummins RV injectors
Banks Monster Ram intake
DPS exhaust manifold
FASS fuel system
New turbo charger
35 inch all-terrain tires
Averages 13mpgs over mountain passes. I've seen it get 21mpg on flat straight aways, but since I live in CO that's not common

Camper:
Aluminum internal framing with fiberglass exterior, fully rebuilt interior
Fully insulated with reflectix for 4-season use
400W Renogy solar
3000W inverter
300ah AGM batteries
30 gallon fresh water tank
16 gallon undermount propane tank
Wet bath
3 burner stove/oven combo
New suburban propane furnace
New Bosch on-demand hot water heater
Queen bed + 6 foot daybed
Awning + exterior lighting

Known issues:
- Needs realignment, pulls a bit to the right with the oversized tires
- ABS and brake light on due to faulty module, but never had a problem with ABS functioning
- The air-ride suspension wasn't working due to a leak at connection between the line and the valve. I replaced the line, tested it and it works, just need to retrofit the other end of the line into the the existing system (not more than an hours worth of work). Depending on interest I will try to get this done before sale, but I am currently pretty swamped so can't promise.

Unfinished work:
- Had to remove one of the drawers under the sink to replace the water heater. I wasn't planning to replace the drawer as I like the ease of access and don't need the storage, but it would be easy enough to do.
- Cosmetically, she needs a bit of a face lift. Had to remove the exterior vent to replace the water heater, and is currently covered with some plywood. Not the prettiest piece of work but I don't have time right now to fix it, and it's kept leaks out.

Had a few inquiries from folks who didn't realize it was a manual transmission, so please make sure you're comfortable driving a manual before inquiring (or willing to learn). Make me an offer, motivated to move on with life.

Attachments

• IMG_4530.PNG
    IMG_4530.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 679
  • IMG_4531.jpg
    IMG_4531.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_4793.jpg
    IMG_4793.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 694
  • IMG_4950.JPG
    IMG_4950.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_4952 (1).JPG
    IMG_4952 (1).JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_4953 (1).JPG
    IMG_4953 (1).JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_4528 (1).PNG
    IMG_4528 (1).PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 647
  • IMG_4951 (1).JPG
    IMG_4951 (1).JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 675

b. rock

Interested, and local. Are you around at all this weekend? I can't really tell from the pics, think you could make room for some internal gear storage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad