2002 FORD F550 XL 4x4 Diesel 7.3L Hotshot Ambulance!

dereksos

Too many projects and testing the waters on this one... Bought this, drove it home and it's been in our workshop since. Need to make some space and free up some funds. Our loss, your gain.

This thing is an absolute tank!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 6.46.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 6.46.31 AM.png
    605 KB · Views: 366

eporter

Adventurer
That’s a cool box. Do you have pics of the original interior/layout? Did it have a 2nd row of seats for transport or was it ambo-like inside? I like that it has windows on the sides and front of the box. Are those “stock” hotshot?

dereksos

I have it behind a few trailers in my yard. I'm going to pull it and get some better photos this weekend hopefully!

I have some nice sprinter seats for the back, the interior is mostly empty at the moment.

turbodiesel

Interested. Do you know if it's able to be registered in CA? I thought I read somewhere F450/550 of that vintage needed to be retrofitted to be registered in CA, but not sure.

Last edited:

dereksos

Interested. Do you know if it's able to be registered in CA? I thought I read somewhere F450/550 of that vintage needed to be retrofitted to be registered in CA, but not sure.

The easiest method would be registering it as an RV - which is relatively easy once you retrofit it.

eporter

Adventurer
The other day I saw a post with this 80s 4x4 van with a rescue box. The rear crew seating was cool, with doors on both sides. Reminded me of this rig. I wonder how hard it would be to put a pass through in an f550 with this box? I see a lot of spray foam on the pic of the box/cab window. Lots of flex pop it loose/leaky?
8f0f16088f2af993e13f40378f565174.jpg

0c0c51b1b2732f6b45b55bb10b464880.jpg

OverlandFT

These hotshots vehicles are built tough! GLWS

I wonder how hard it would be to put a pass through in an f550 with this box?

Not too hard for a basic pass though. Remove the truck cab rear window, cut a matching hole in the box and install a boot. My camper is a similar hotshot vehicle (crew carrier) and has the passthrough setup. It works well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl