2002 ProVan Tiger, 6.6 Dirtymax, Allison, Grand Junction CO

trickflow

Looks amazing. This is also exactly what I am looking for, just not ready to pull the trigger yet. I will say, the kitchen cabinets in the picture don't line up with the ceiling. Hope there is no water damage....

Looking at the pics, it looks like that is the curve of the ceiling. Seller was emphatic the unit is undamaged and pristine. One of the photos shows the right rear wheels, and immediately behind what looks like a repair to the coach body. Dunno.

Seller recently put a L-O-T of money into mods. Yet was not able to speak to tank sizes, inverter size, propane tank size. Wife and I were very interested, we want a Tiger badly. But being 1600 mi away we had condition questions that were hard to suss out quickly. I do have a friend of a friend in Grand Junction where the vehicle is located, they were gonna’ check it out and take it for a test drive.

Also, the owner said a pre-purchase inspection is fine. If I were closer I’d have run all of the above to ground just because it does look clean, and the owner put all quality parts on it.

Last edited:

zip

I prefer social distancing.
The vehicle definitely has a “coolness” factor to it, but with that very large lift on it, I would be concerned about some of the handling characteristics of it.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
A couple of things that might be of note.

Those pictures aren't recent. If the green grass in the one wasn't a tip, we have snow still lingering on the ground (I'm in GJ) and certainly would up in the Colorado National Monument where some of those shots were taken.

Also, it's got a Colorado dealer license plates.

rawtoxic

Zip the lift ain't the only thing too high, so is the price! It's been for sale for about 60 days now that would make me concerned I'm overpaying and will have trouble with my resale.

Reactions: zip

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
FWIW.......

Thats a "look at me lift", there is no legitimate need off-road for that rockstar lift. That is a lot of lift for a heavy and top heavy Tiger. I can not imagine the cost down the road for tire replacement, balance and rotation, suspension parts, front end alignment, etc. Tigers are already tall, this lift may cause issues getting into NP, low bridges, trails with trees, heck even taking to your local tire store or mechanic they may not be able to get it in the shop or on the lift. Now, it is a 1 ton diesel with HD suspension components but, that is still a big lift on a heavy truck that a lot is going to be asked of it.

The kitchen cabinet/roof line normal tapers up at that point due to the raise in the roof. That gap is normal and has nothing to do with damage or leakage. My concern would be this vintage of Tiger doesn't appear to have the stabilizing block that supports the weight of the kitchen cabinets and that big ass tv onto the top of the bunk so, if the cabinets get over loaded or the vehicle does alot of rough roads the cabinets can get ripped out of their roof mounts.

I agree, I'm not sure whats going on behind the rear wheel......Some owners will cut that area out to install a utlity box but without better pix I just can't tell.

Lastly, this truck has been for sale for close to a year so It would lead me to want to see it in person and have it checked out. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
Based on my convo with the owner, I'd say that a very hard look at the vehicle is in order. I'll leave it at that. My wife and I both had that opinion before speaking with him, more so afterwards.

ovrland6250

The Vandemic is real. Like Warren Buffet says...."In times of greed be fearful. In times of fear be greedy." Be vigilant!

sourdoughben

This is different but not my cup of tea. I understand why this has been given wider wheels and tires but the 6" lift isn't a good idea by my 64,000K Tiger driving experiences. Like this one, mine was a dually, I hated the skinny tires on soft surfaces and converted to SRW's. Method 305 NV/HD and Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305x65r18 handle the load excellent without a lift and are 33.58" tall. Taller than the 33's on this lifted rig. The chance of this tall rig going farther down the trail than mine is slim.

Hodor

this guy paid top dollar to make this thing look like its worth top dollar. 2001 was the worst year of the 6.6l duramax diesel...they designed the engine wrong and they chew through injectors every 100k. or less. The engines are great but not until 2003.

Reactions: zip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater