2003 Suburban 8.1 build...Slowly making progress!

demonspeed

I've lurked for a while, posted a little. Had the 'burb for a bit over 2 years, and finally got around to making some improvements. Mods so far being a Cognito 4-6" non-torsion drop lift with upgraded steering tie rods, UCA's, and Fox 2.0 shocks, 35" Toyo M/T's, extended steel braided brake lines, and a tune from Justin at Blackbear Performance. I like to upgrade systems as a whole, and not just focus on one specific part :)

On to some pictures!

Front end coming apart:

Front diff modification:

New front hub assembly:

New steering tie rod vs. old:

Rear end is just blocks and new shocks:

As it sits now!

And for fun, my other toy :p

Soonish, it will get OBA via a York compressor, a roof rack or roof top tent, winch bumper, tire swing out rear bumper, sliders, more skid plates, rear LSD, possibly front e-locker, drawers, etc, etc, etc.... That list just keeps getting longer :-/

Anyway, lmk what you guys think!

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I like it. Everything on your list seems appropriate. Might want to get rid of the blocks if you can. Keep up the good work.

Oobray

Adventurer
Don't some 2500 burbs come with rear LSD? I'm pretty sure my yukon XL with 8.1 has it. How's the ride on that lift? Specifically, have you taken in on any washboard type roads? Mine seems to ride nice, but is almost as bad as my old cummins on washboard roads.

Pathwacker

Observer
c91837b75d3b209223f611b7c09d5845.jpg

Here is my 2004 6.0 3.73 sub. 4 quad buckets, leather, and sunroof are the main options 2305lbs payload.

. Crappy engine/rear has me use it for towing a 5000lb gvw hybrid camper.
aaf425b615221e0c444d1ce132b6a22b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal