2004 4x4 Fuso FORSALE ONLY 26K Miles!!

Picowatt

We are selling our 2004, 4x4 Mitsubishi Fuso.

We bought this truck to build out our dream overland camper to take around thee world because of the global availability of parts and the fact it's pre-DEF diesel so it can run off 3rd world diesel. Also 4x4 Hi & Lo with manual locking hubs for off road reliability. 3.9L Turbo Diesel, truck only has 25K miles on it and brand new tires. The wheelbase is 138".

No mechanical issues whatsoever, currently licensed and registered in Oregon. Truck is located in Santa Cruz, CA.

We are selling it because we have been presented with a sailing opportunity and we are shifting gears to a cruising boat.

She is looking for a new home and will be a perfect project truck for someone who is dreaming about building their own overland rig and has the time to dedicate to this project that we don't.

Asking $18,000 OBO. Title in hand.

Serious inquires only. Call/text (458)206-0750.

Cheers

Wes & Savana

Attachments

• PicfxFile.jpg
    PicfxFile.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 332
  • PicfxFile.jpg
    PicfxFile.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 358
  • PicfxFile.jpg
    PicfxFile.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 343
  • PicfxFile.jpg
    PicfxFile.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 404
  • PicfxFile.jpg
    PicfxFile.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 357
  • PicfxFile.jpg
    PicfxFile.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
There are some more pictures to view here, in its prior listing post here on Expo:

And just FYI, here’s some good info and pictures on a discussion of the Fuso frame rust issues on this prior Expo post:

Lo mileage, but some frame work maybe still needed? No updates here on this problem. This could still possibly be the start of a good built project for someone with the knowledge and skills needed to deal with any remaining rust issues if they still exist.

Last edited:

ovrland6250

Great knowledge AbleGuy! I have seen this truck for sale for a while both here and on Craigslist. Looks like there is potential! Could anyone here on EP with Fuso / full-size expo truck knowledge give me a really rough estimate of how much money they think it would take to get the truck dialed in, subframe installed, and a total composites type box put on back? The aforementioned are all out of my skill set. Thank you.

Msand

Importer
Great knowledge AbleGuy! I have seen this truck for sale for a while both here and on Craigslist. Looks like there is potential! Could anyone here on EP with Fuso / full-size expo truck knowledge give me a really rough estimate of how much money they think it would take to get the truck dialed in, subframe installed, and a total composites type box put on back? The aforementioned are all out of my skill set. Thank you.
You'll never get a 2004 dialed in suspension wise. Bumps will always rattle your spine. But I'd budget $10k for suspension, air suspension seats, and super single swap in the rear.

I had a 2004, and a 2014. Both have the comfort issues. The dirty diesel isn't really a thing anymore as well, people are brining their sprinters around the world. I need to find the article but someone just did the pan-am in a iveco camper with def and never had a single issue. But in the US with emissions testing about to expand the non-def would concern me a little on the west coast. Good platform to build on, but of course it's apples to apples with your needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner