2004 E350 4x4 6.0L Adventure Ready $17k Free delivery from AZ to Newfoundland *SOLD*

Our van is sold and will be delivered to it's new owner in Utah. Thank you Expedition Portal!

We're nearing the end of our adventure and it's time to sell our van. We're currently in Mexico and heading north, through the U.S., back to Newfoundland. We're willing to deliver the van along our route if someone commits before we arrive and then we'll buy a daily driver to get us to our final destination. The van was built specifically to get us to South America and back so there was a big focus on comfort and reliability. It never left us hanging with any major problems. It's tough, rugged and has all the basics. Here are the details:
----------------------
2004 Ford E350 EXT
Quigley 4x4 conversion
6.0 diesel
Currently 282,000km (~175,000miles)
Fibreglass high top (ambulance in previous life)
Dana 60 axles
4.10 gear ratio
----------------------
$17,000USD
----------------------

Upgrades for reliability:
Sinister EGR delete kit
Blue fuel spring upgrade
SCT tuner
Custom econo tune from DP tuner (not a "performance" upgrade, but for reliability and fuel mileage)
Scan gauge II
Auto meter EGT gauge
New intake gasket
New fuel line check valves
New turbo outlet hose
-----------------------------

POWER
2 x 100 W Renogy solar panels
30 AMP charge controller
2 deep cycle house batteries
1500 W sine wave inverter
-----------------------------------

LIGHTING
30 inch LED light bar on front bull bar
Interior LED lights

NAVIGATION/COMMUNICATION
Ipad mini RAM mount on dash

EXTERIOR
Custom rear bumper with dual swing outs for spare and 3x20L diesel jerry cans. All heavy duty hardware.
Custom load bars on roof
Custom front bull bar
BFG All Terrain T/A 285/70/17 with 29,000km
KYB HD shocks
Bushwacker fender flares
ARB 2500 awning
Star craft awning window 15 x 30”
-------------------------------------------

INTERIOR CONVERSION

ARB 12v/120v fridge/freezer
Walls and ceiling insulated with Reflectix and one inch foil back batt insulation
Vinyl flooring
Ceiling and headliner reupholstered with vinyl
Custom bed frame/storage compartment accommodates four 100L storage bins and holds a double mattress
Custom cabinet accommodates fridge/freezer, portable toilet, bar sink, 6 gallon fresh water tank and grey water tank and whale water foot pump
Custom made kitchen box attached to side barn door stores all kitchen essentials and used as a platform for propane stove/BBQ
5 lb steel propane tank
Sony head unit with AUX and USB
-----------------------------------------------

The bad:
windshield is broken. I plan to replace it here in Mexico.
paint: The lower half of the van was repainted without removing the original ambulance decals so there are some indentations in the paint as well as other small dents, scratches.
Shifter cable needs to be replaced. I will replace upon return to U.S.
rust - the ambulance company sprayed the undercarriage of the van with rubberized undercoating before every winter to protect it, however it does suffer from some rear quarter panel rust and behind the front wheels. Nothing structural and nothing that's not repairable.
Awning - 2 poles suffered some wind damage. It still sets up fine, but the horizontal poles don't telescope anymore so they just have to be stored separately in the PVC bag.
--------------------------------------------

Location/Delivery: We're currently in Cancun (04/17) and expect to cross the border into the U.S. in early May. Our potential route is outlined in the map below. We're willing to deliver the van anywhere in the faded blue area as long as we have a $1000 deposit to commit.

Importing process: The van is registered in Canada and therefore will need to be imported into the U.S. I will declare the van for import with the CBP upon arrival at the border. They give me the paperwork that I will provide to the new owner. The new owner will then have to bring that info to their local DMV to register it. The van is manufactured in U.S. so there will be no duty. I will handle any fees associated with importing prior to the delivery of the vehicle to the new owner.

If you have further questions please email me at hickey_rob@yahoo.ca

Some photos below and others can be found here https://www.flickr.com/photos/132063424@N02/
Blog: http://www.adventureontap.org/

IMG_2812.jpg

deliverymap.jpg
IMG_4217.jpg

Last edited:

soundpony

Adventurer
Would be a great idea to be at the Oveland Expo in Flagstaff, Arizona in mid May, wonderful off road expo and a big opportunity to show your van to potential buyers. I for one am interested. Currently in Baja Mexico and headed back to Calif in early May. Will be at Overland Expo.

Charles

Would be a great idea to be at the Oveland Expo in Flagstaff, Arizona in mid May, wonderful off road expo and a big opportunity to show your van to potential buyers. I for one am interested. Currently in Baja Mexico and headed back to Calif in early May. Will be at Overland Expo.

Charles

Thanks, Charles. Expo is a possibility for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333