2004 F550 4x4 - no longer for sale

barefootcamper

Excellent use of the space that came with the vehicle, very well laid out, thanks for sharing the photos.

I see now how you used 3 of 5 exterior compartments to house electrical, grey tank plus hot water & fridge access.

Do the other exterior compartments offer any storage space? I am looking for more storage options for tools and toys.

I'm sure the electrical (Bluetti) meets your needs and your setup/install looks top level but I have bigger power needs for what I am planning, I guess I could always upgrade.

Does the Bluetti charge while the vehicle is running too?

50amp shore power operate everything in the box? Charge Bluetti?

Have you tried using an Airfryer off grid? Or other electric appliances?

Hot water heater, stove top and Dickinson P9000 all share the same propane tank?

Thanks for your time.

barefootcamper

Thank you! We spent a long time sketching the layout. It’s all a matter of compromise, we prioritized having a big kitchen and shower to maximise our comfort during longer trips off grid.

The other two exterior compartment are blocked out by the kitchen on one side and the bench/bed on the other side. I store lot of my tools and camping gear in the cab since we only travel with 2 dogs in the back seats. If you need additional external storage for toys, I would add a rooftop storage box. There is a lot of room up there that’s not utilized.

Inside the living quarters, there is an armoir dresser, 4 large kitchen cabinets, some under sink storage, and under bench storage.

The BLUETTI has worked well for us. It’s easily expandable, BLUETTI offers a couple expansion packs that are plug and play. It does run my coffee machine and will run most air fryers (most pull less than 1800 watts).

Funny enough, the vehicle came with house batteries that charge from the truck’s alternator, but I didn’t need that feature for my setup so I never put it together, however I have all the cabling to add it back. I have enough solar power to not need to charge from the vehicle, but understand that it can come in handy depending on your use. I’m happy to help put it back together if that’s something that’s important to you!

It’s a 30amp circuit and yes it operates all the 120v in the box and charges the BLUETTI.

Yes, they all share the same propane thank. There is room to easily add a second tank if needed. I have a propane monitor so I keep an eye on the level and swap out at gas stations or grocery stores easily.
This vehicle checks off a lot of boxes on my list but my situation requires more battery/electrical options for the habitation module and a bit more storage, I have been looking at 14' boxes as well.

This rig is a great setup and I know you will find someone excited to explore the open road with this awesome adventure vehicle.

I really appreciate your time to answer my questions and upload photos for review.

Happy camping and good luck,

a_camper

This vehicle checks off a lot of boxes on my list but my situation requires more battery/electrical options for the habitation module and a bit more storage, I have been looking at 14' boxes as well.

This rig is a great setup and I know you will find someone excited to explore the open road with this awesome adventure vehicle.

I really appreciate your time to answer my questions and upload photos for review.

Happy camping and good luck,
Thank you sir, good luck with your search!

microfuzz

This rig is legit and the sellers are as thoughtful as two individual builders can be! Had it fit in the carport it would be parked in the driveway.

ready8rider

Love this build out!
How big is the trucks gas tank?
Do you know how much the hitch receiver is rated for? Would it hold a dirtbike + rack.
How long can you run the AC continuously before needing to recharge?
Thank you!

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Awesome build and a solid deal for somebody. I actually prefer the V10 of this era to the 6.0, even when bulletproofed. These have the amazing super 60 front axle that turns on a dime. Would be an amazing rig to add super singles to and drive to Patagonia! GLWTS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3