2004 Lexus GX470.....Icon's, 34's....more to come

rickashay

Explorer
Thats a pretty awesome GX. Don't see them modded too often. Tires are not too big.... is that even possible?

470Lexi

Thank you! Tires are never too big.....unless you can't turn then maybe. Would have loved 35's but that would have required way too much work and removing flares and such

zidaro

Explorer
Dig it. I absolutely love the gx. Dream wheeler- light with a nice v8!
I was thinking the other way- cut more out and slip some 37"s in there! Might have to go SA in the front for that though :drool:

Applejack

Explorer
Its cool to see the unconventional builds. So, good on you for that, but I would go down a size in tires if you plan to hit more technical trails. Big tires+wheelspin an then grabbing traction breaks things, I've even done it with just 32's. I would just add armor and slide over or around stuff. How much room do you have to stuff those tires?.
Cheers! And good luck with the build.

Last edited:

CYK

Adventurer
1-Ken_burnout_hell_hoss_1_2.jpg

Have you considered leveling it a bit? I'm a fan of the GX. Used to have one myself with some MTs on it albeit stock suspension.

470Lexi

I'm in Medford as well. You should stop by and take a look at it sometime. I will hit some trails and see how bad it is and what needs to be trimmed more and go from there

470Lexi

Anyone have a spare remote for the rear entertainment system? You can't play a DVD without it due to the message that pops up on the screen. So annoying.

WhiteH2O

Observer
Looks nice! I have a silver GX470 that I have done some work to. I went with 265 tires, and regret not going larger; I will probably go with 285s next time. I highly recommend Southern Style Speed's bumpers. They are very well built and look great.

It looks from your user name that you named yours Lexi? I named mine Lexi also- then, a few months later another guy got one that looks a lot like mine and named his Lexy. I guess I should have been more creative on the name.

I will follow your thread and see what is coming next- it is good to see more GXs on here!

470Lexi

Yeah I really like those bumpers.....just pricey.

I call the color blue steel so I wanted to name it Zoolander but I don't think people would get the reference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven