2005 Chevy Kodiak C4500 4x4 Duramax Diesel 31,000 miles - !PRICE DROP!

trashcanturkey

Price drop!

$45,000 obo. Clean title in hand, ready to notarize.

2005 Chevy Kodiak C4500 4x4 Duramax diesel for sale. 31,000 miles. Never thought I would sell, but downsizing a bit.

This truck came from LA, California and is extremely clean. Super easy to work on. Can climb underneath without jacking the truck up. Clamshell hood tilts forward, allowing easy access to the engine bay. Truck has an amazing turning radius - better than any regular pickup truck. Gets low teens MPG with no tuning done. 4x4 with solid front Dana 70HD axle and locking hubs. 2H, 4H, 4L transfer case. No DEF.

Duramax/Allison combo. Truck has not been tuned at all, engine/transmission is 100% stock and not abused.

Same thing as the GMC Topkick. And basically the same as the C5500.

Perfect base to put a large camper build on. I had a non-cabover Alaskan on it.

Located in Whitefish, MT.

Details:
- 4x4
- Duramax 6.6
- Allison Automatic
- 12 ft flatbed
- Atwood gooseneck hitch
- Two 4ft Highway Products tool boxes
- 41" Continental MPT 81 335/80R20 (truck is not lifted fyi)
- Forged aluminum 20" wheels from the International MXT truck, powdercoated black
- These wheels are impossible to find anymore
- Accuride wheel guards used (thin plastic protectors between wheel and hub)
- Full size spare, stored on bed
- These wheels and tires do not even have 4,000 miles on them yet
- JW Speaker 8800 Heated headlights (2 low beam and 2 high beam)
- OEM block heater and cord
- Rear differential breather new hose routed to engine bay
- Frequent oil changes
- Transmission oil change (no flush), Castrol Transynd 668 used, Allison spin on filter
- Transfer case oil change, Castrol Transynd 668 used
- Power steering oil change, Castrol Transynd 668 used, oem filter changed
- Front and rear differential oil changes, used Lucas Oil 75w-90 synthetic
- Fuel filter change
- Air filter change
- Greased chassis with Redline CV-2
- Five new marker lights
- Coolant reservoir cap

New parts I have that I will include:
- OEM transmission cooler
- Many gallons of Castrol Transynd 668 for another transmission fluid change
- Drag link assembly
- Transmission filters
- Power steering filters
- Air filter
- Stock headlights

Thanks, Sam
Cell: 2oh 7 77 eight 1591

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 5.png
    5.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 6.png
    6.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 7.png
    7.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 8.png
    8.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 9.png
    9.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 10.png
    10.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I just have to complement you on an awesome truck. It is super rare to see one will so low of miles, and great options. The wheels from an International MXT are the perfect wheels for a Kodiak/Topkick and about as rare as a leprechaun riding a unicorn. And even 5 of them! Someone will be getting a great and rare truck. GLWTS

DzlToy

Explorer
These are pretty cool and somewhat rare trucks. Build a simple, light weight, pop-up camper box on the back and roll. No 600k ER/GXV behemoth required. GLWS.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
These are pretty cool and somewhat rare trucks. Build a simple, light weight, pop-up camper box on the back and roll. No 600k ER/GXV behemoth required. GLWS.
No need for 'lightweight'. C4500 =17,500 GVWR, C5500 =19,500 CVWR (drivetrain, brakes, engines are the same between the 4500/5500)
I always feel better when I can take my depleted uranium collection along when 'Overlanding' :rolleyes:

For reference, my crewcab, same length flatbed, with a longer wheelbase (so certainly heavier that is one) weights in on the scales at 11,400 lbs (full fuel), so 3 tons of 'payload')

DzlToy

Explorer
"Simplify and add lightness", Colin Chapman

The truck may have the payload capacity, but that doesn't mean you have to use it. A lighter truck, stops, turns and handles better on and off road, places less stress on parts, passengers and gear and does less damage to the trail.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
"Simplify and add lightness", Colin Chapman

The truck may have the payload capacity, but that doesn't mean you have to use it. A lighter truck, stops, turns and handles better on and off road, places less stress on parts, passengers and gear and does less damage to the trail.
I only retort as this is a sale ad, and it will be a 'free bump' for a cool truck.

Quoting a race car driver from the 1950s who raced under 1000 lbs. cars ( Lotus Eleven, etc.) and designed similar lightweight race cars is not so relevant to a 10,000 lb.+ camper.

Here is an idea to get those benefits of a 'lighter truck', don't start with a Class 5 truck.
There are plenty of Tacoma, F-150, Colorado, etc. trucks out there that will give you that lighter weight from the start.

Someone interested in this truck (remember this is a sales ad) is looking at it because they want a large habitat for long term living (to quote a post above "I would live in this full time"), carry lots of fuel/water/supplies, and not have to worry about those loads. If you are under GVWR in your Toyota or under GVWR in this truck, your components (this truck- Dana 110 & 70HD, Allison 1000, Duramax, MPT81s, etc.) should be happy. Blast down the trails pulling super truck jumps and drifting through every corner (like the late/great Chapman would) and you will break either truck, and tear up the trail regardless.

Buy the rig that fits your needs. But yes, this truck would ******* at Formula One, even with Chapman behind the wheel.

DzlToy

Explorer
Another free bump.

I really do like these trucks and have considered buying one, as they offer a robust chassis and power train that few other trucks can match. My only point was don't buy the truck and saddle with with 10,000 pounds of crap just because the door sticker says you can do it. Having an over-built, under-stressed truck serves you well if you are travelling remotely or putting on a lot of miles.

I bet you a 2500 pounds camper on the bed of this truck would go largely unnoticed by the driver, in all but the worst scenarios.

There aren't many of these around. Hopefully, it finds a good home.

trashcanturkey

Thank you for the positive feedback! I updated the original post with pictures from today and added another 10 pictures here.

Someone make an offer!!

Attachments

• 19.png
    19.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 18.png
    18.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 17.png
    17.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 16.png
    16.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 15.png
    15.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 14.png
    14.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 13.png
    13.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 12.png
    12.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 11.png
    11.png
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20.png
    20.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

trashcanturkey

I just have to complement you on an awesome truck. It is super rare to see one will so low of miles, and great options. The wheels from an International MXT are the perfect wheels for a Kodiak/Topkick and about as rare as a leprechaun riding a unicorn. And even 5 of them! Someone will be getting a great and rare truck. GLWTS
Thanks boss, glad that you appreciate the wheels! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven