2005 Rubicon LJ

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Update on the Rampage Top. Love it. Even with our monsoon conditions over the last month... no leaking, no issues. When the top is all buttoned up it is just as quiet as the stock top. I get some flapping if I just have the door windows unzipped, but if I pull the back window or go to just the safari top... No flapping...

I would do it again.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Update on Rampage top. Still doing great, however... on the highway at speeds of 65 or higher the noise is terrible. Luckily this is not part of my daily driving so no big deal. We recently completed a trip of 1600+ miles roundtrip and it was brutal... all interstate... made me wish for a hard top... oh... that's right I sold it... :-(

Zeep

Adventurer
Dual top option was a major factor in my LJ buying decision. While not used as my DD, I don't want to mess with a crappy zipper in the winter.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
May be putting the LJ Rubi up for sale. Going to look at a suburban today. Might be time to changeover for a more well rounded family, wheeling, camping, adventure vehicle. No decision made but we have been considering for a while. Any thoughts?

jscusmcvet

Explorer
She's going up for sale. Just made a deal on a suburban to replace the jeep. Will post here when I get it ready to go.

John

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
Wow- that's a BIG change John! Best of luck with the new 'burb. Sorry to see you giving up on the LJ, but I can understand why. We did a lot with ours with two boys, but it takes work. Now that we are transitioning to just the two of us for travel and camping, the LJ is ideal.

BTW - I transitioned to using just the hard top on our LJ a while ago, and it makes life quite a bit more comfortable on long trips. Next is a set of half steel doors and Bulldawg hard uppers. More arm room and great side visibility.

I'll look for your post in the Full Size section.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Thanks Jim. This move is a combination of the vehicle change and also then to help pay down the 40 acres we just bought. This LJ is the best riding jeep I have built up for sure and as I mentioned I know there are going to be plenty moments of regret. I have half doors and soft uppers and love it that way for day to day, but I should have held onto the hard top and full doors for the reasons you mentioned... Now that would be a ~$3k proposition or so to get back to that state... so here we go off on another adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk