2009 Taco upgrade advice

iRunUphill

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, although I've lurked for about a year. I have a 2009 Tacoma, doublecab, longbox, 4X4, 6cyl, auto. Before the winter I would like to add an ARB bumper and winch. In addition, I carry a 550lb snowmobile in the bed during the winter. The snowmobile really crushes the suspension. With the addition of the bumper and winch and carrying the snowmobile in the back, I am considering upgrading the suspension to OME. I am interested in better offroad performance and better load handling in the front and back. I don't really care if I get much more lift from stock and would rather not modify it from stock too much. Sounds like guys get 2" of lift from the OME upgrades, which would be fine. My main question, is which OME parts do I need to achieve my goals? I've read forums at nausea about this and find it a little confusing. Anything I should watch out for? I won't be doing the work myself. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Steve

downhill

Adventurer
I have no personal experinece with the OME stuff, so can't help you there. I'll just say that on these trucks a couple of inches of "lift" is actually a good thing. The way a suspension lift works on a Tacoma, you end up with a better balance of compression and rebound travel in the front. With a stock UCA, 2" to 2.5" is perfect.

VATACO

Adventurer
I would go with.
OME 886 coils
OME Front Struts
OME Rear Spring Pack
OME rear shocks
Light Racing UCA

Eric3187

Adventurer
i have a '11 dcsb 4x4 tacoma, OME Lift, 886x coils, full dakar leaf pack, and carrier bearing drop. no vibrations at all. i added uniball upper control arms as well. no aftermarket bumpers yet, and the ride is stiff but not harsh.

with hauling a 550 pound snowmobile, might look into the HD dakar leaf pack (has an extra leaf in the pack i believe)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater