2010 4Runner Trail edition...

jay3253

Adventurer
Does anyone have one of these yet? If so what are your thoughts? I went to my local Toyota dealer they told me I would not be able to get one in the Midwest because Toyota corporate doesn't think we can leave our state and go someplace else. I have to go to Colorado or Ohio to buy one if I want one. I live in Iowa and they aren't shipping ANY to IA, MN, MO, IL, WI, ND, SD, KS or AR. What kind of BS is that my dealer can't even order one for a customer with a down payment taken. If I do end up getting one I am taking the airfare out of the price right from the top.:mad:

bomar

Adventurer
Does anyone have one of these yet? If so what are your thoughts? I went to my local Toyota dealer they told me I would not be able to get one in the Midwest because Toyota corporate doesn't think we can leave our state and go someplace else. I have to go to Colorado or Ohio to buy one if I want one. I live in Iowa and they aren't shipping ANY to IA, MN, MO, IL, WI, ND, SD, KS or AR. What kind of BS is that my dealer can't even order one for a customer with a down payment taken. If I do end up getting one I am taking the airfare out of the price right from the top.:mad:

I sounds like BS since there are 2 silver trail ed in Monticello, AR but at the tune of 41k. I would buy a trail ready 80 and a 100 series for the road and still have cash for gas.

kirkmoon

My local dealer told me that there were only 5 of these vehicles in the US around one month ago.

Edit: (Trail Edition, that is. Unlimiteds are pretty readily available.)

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen even one 2010 4Runner
on the street yet. They're on the dealer lots, but I guess few people
qualify for a $35K loan these days.

Juntura

Observer
I spoke with my dealer- they are pretty good sized and don't expect to get the Trail Edition at all in 2010. But they will sell you one of those fancy Limited's for $40k+ or a 2whl drive for $33k+.

I have not seen one on the street yet either.

bomar

Adventurer
Guys ask them to trade for one of the 2 Trail Editions that are sitting here in podunk south AR at Ryburn.

Go get it. http://ryburntoyota.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=2864734

I would find another dealer if he can't find you a trail edition if you are willing to spend the large price.

By the way I am sure that you know but 99.99% of dealers are not smart.
:victory:

SGV

Adventurer
Here's one near me: http://www.tarbox-toyota.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=3029467

I have seen two on the road out here. One time on the highway and the other while my wife and I were having pizza at Papa Gino's. Both times my wife was wondering what was wrong with me as I stared at them on their way by. One of them was a limited, the other wasn't a trail. Both looked sweet.

jay3253

Adventurer
My dealer has about ten limiteds and said they will get SR5s if someone wants one but they will not keep them on the lot. I also think saying 99.99% of dealers are stupid is a bit conservative I think it is more like 99.999999999999% of them are stupid and 0.000000000001% just don't care. :victory:

Strizzo

Explorer
they probably figure if they tell you you can't get one, you'll go ahead and buy one of the overpriced limiteds.

there was a trail edition at the toyota dealer near me a month or so ago when i was looking at used 4runners, i didn't bother looking at it since toyota is on the crack pipe with this one.

nater

Adventurer
My parents just got their 2010 limited delivered, and they were unable to get a trail edition in New Orleans. The limited (final sticker was 52k they paid less) was the only way to get a 4wd 4runner. It was that, or a base 4x2...

RU55ELL

Explorer
My parents just got their 2010 limited delivered, and they were unable to get a trail edition in New Orleans. The limited (final sticker was 52k they paid less) was the only way to get a 4wd 4runner. It was that, or a base 4x2...

:Wow1::Wow1::Wow1:

nater

Adventurer
:Wow1::Wow1::Wow1:

You are telling me, but it literally has every option known to man. They had ordered a fairly "basic" limited, but the dealership ended up with this thing. At first the dealership wanted full price, but my parents refused since it was not at all what they had ordered. In the end, the dealership took a huge hit and sold it for the sticker of the "ordered" vehicle. It also apparently had a 5,000 "market adjustment" on the sticker, along with about 4,000 worth of "dealership additions". I think the legit sticker was ~44k

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
My wife bought a TE 2010 4RNR 2 weeks ago. This was only the second one that we had come in. So far she likes it.

Jacque

DblD

Adventurer
I was at Toyota of Northwest Arkansas in Rogers, AR yesterday 02/06/10. They have a Trail Edition 4Runner in Salsa Red Pearl. It really looked more maroon than what I would call Salsa Red. Very nice looking rig with a price tag to match.

Pretty decent folks to work with down in Arkansas – for a car dealership that is.

dd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl