2010 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Overland Vehicle w/ TRD Supercharger

nmoverland

And lastly some pics of some of the trips with the tear drop. Bottom line, buy one, great investment, great memories and no complaining from wife and daughter about tents and ground sleeping.

Attachments

• DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0451.JPG
    DSC_0451.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0462.JPG
    DSC_0462.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0096.JPG
    DSC_0096.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
  • _DSC8362.JPG
    _DSC8362.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 37
  • _DSC6306.JPG
    _DSC6306.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 37
  • _DSC7557.JPG
    _DSC7557.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
More interested in the truck, but maybe could buy and sell the camper and put my camper on it. Hypothetically, if you separated the bed and the camper what would you price them at?

nmoverland

Back in 2010, I purchased the camper shell for $5,500. Today they are selling for $6,500. The caravan camper shells have a HUGE following in Northern Nevada, Utah and Idaho. Outdoorsman love these shells as do I. The current wait time is 10-12 weeks.

If you are going to remove the camper shell; considering the market and the wait time for these camper shells, I believe a fair price to move the camper shell quick is is $3,500-$4,000. The closer west you can sell it the more you will get for it and the faster you will move it. Out east (I'm in Northern Virginia) they are not as well known and as a result not appreciated as much.

What kind of camper do you have or are considering?

The caravan camper shells are the best, wind proof, water proof, dust proof and built like a tank. They hold a lot of weight, and there are pictures in the shop that show a few trucks that rolled and it was the camper shell that prevented the cab roof from crushing in (they can not guarantee this, but the pictures tell an interesting story). Let me know, I can give you a full tour of the truck by video conference. 202overland@duck.com

Also, I have a Eezi awn 2000 with side curtains that I will throw in too (hardly used). The brackets to the awning bolt to the rack that is on the camper shell.

Thanks.

Back in 2010, I purchased the camper shell for $5,500. Today they are selling for $6,500. The caravan camper shells have a HUGE following in Northern Nevada, Utah and Idaho. Outdoorsman love these shells as do I. The current wait time is 10-12 weeks.

If you are going to remove the camper shell; considering the market and the wait time for these camper shells, I believe a fair price to move the camper shell quick is is $3,500-$4,000. The closer west you can sell it the more you will get for it and the faster you will move it. Out east (I'm in Northern Virginia) they are not as well known and as a result not appreciated as much.

What kind of camper do you have or are considering?

The caravan camper shells are the best, wind proof, water proof, dust proof and built like a tank. They hold a lot of weight, and there are pictures in the shop that show a few trucks that rolled and it was the camper shell that prevented the cab roof from crushing in (they can not guarantee this, but the pictures tell an interesting story). Let me know, I can give you a full tour of the truck by video conference. 202overland@duck.com

Also, I have a Eezi awn 2000 with side curtains that I will throw in too (hardly used). The brackets to the awning bolt to the rack that is on the camper shell.

Thanks.
Cool! I am in AZ right now and the Alu-Cab is in Texas. I bought an ALU-Cab Khaya which is more of a live in set up that you can stand in, as I am going to be living out of this for a while. I figured I could use some of the wiring from that to connect to the the Khaya. I am sure that I could sell it, but just a matter of storing it somewhere while it is being sold. Let me think about it and we can talk some more.

nmoverland

Nice! What's the weight of the ALU-Cab?

No worries, I'm not in a rush, if it sells great, if not, that is cool too.

I'm selling because I purchased a new rig that is expected to be delivered in February of 2024.

If you purchase it, you have to promise to send pics of your travels. Talk soon.

Right on! Yeah, I need to get out of here. Too expensive for me to live in the states right now. I just got laid off from a job in Saudi and looking to have some adventures. The All-Cab Khaya weighs about 880 lbs, so loaded up a bit more. Most people I have seen rolls them with Tacos, Tundra's, F-150's, or Rams. They perfectly fit the 6 foot bed. How has that supercharger been treating you? Does it lower gas mileage much? Just thinking about some stuff...I know you pulled a camper behind that truck, but would it hold an RTT? Did you have the cab wired for a Invertor fridge or was there a fridge in the Teardrop?

nmoverland

As one door closes another door opens. It sounds like a great plan!!! Good for you! The truck has extra Old Man Emu leaf springs and air bags, there should be no problem with the weight of the ALU cab.
Does not surprise me as the center of gravity will change on the truck with the ALU-Cab. That is why I love the small trailers / tear drops.

I love the TRD supercharger, it was / is a great investment. I have had no issues with the supercharger and the added HP have been well appreciated. As a precaution, before a long trip, I had the serpentine belt changed at 75K miles on the supercharger and I always carry and extra with me.

With the added weight and the supercharger, MPG does decrease. The LRA gas tank is a 32-33 gallon tank. On the highway fully loaded with gear, supplies and water, I have a range of 480 miles or 15 MPG. The optimum speed on the highway is 68 MPH with RRMs just below 2,500 in sixth gear. In the backcountry MPG does decrease to 12-13 MPG or a range of 410 miles. It most definitely will hold a RTT, the biggest and heaviest as well. The camper shell is rated to hold 2,000 lbs.

The TRD pro came with a AC 100 watt driving and 400 watt stationary AC plug in the side of the bed, passenger side, next to the drawer system. But when the ignition is off the AC plug is off as well. Our fridge is hooked up to the teardrop.

One item to consider with the supercharger, it runs at a higher compression and as a result it requires at least 91 octane fuel. If you travel south to Mexico make sure to plan your refueling. We went to Baja and we had no issue with the fuel.

Talk soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal