2011 3.2 diesel defenders

blue bomber

Adventurer
My lovely wife just bought me a Land Rover International magazine, November 2012. It has an article that caught my interest. A couple of shops have figured out how to use factory (Ford) 3.2 diesel 5 cylinder engines and hybridizing the getrag transmission. As far as I can, tell using the heavier duty mt-85 font half with the mt -82 back half ( to fit the LT-230). At last a kick *** combo with nearly stock parts!!! 405 ftlbs of torque!! Awesome , zero to sixty 9.4 seconds. Not that it really matters, but still very impressive. A crawler gear transmission with huge torque, nice.
So depressing living in the land of the free..........

Tapatalk sucks, sent from Matthew's IPhone

LR Max

Local Oaf
For an engine swap? That might be about right! BTW how are the Puma engines? I heard that they weren't as good as the TD5 (could be wrong on this!). However that 6 speed is super sweet.

Daktari

Td5 - 6 speed will be awesome ,JE engineering is making this 3.2's???

I was one of the lucky persons with the engine knock on a puma engine (also the oil sump thing) - not a big fan of puma engines

i really miss the Td5 engine ,but i really like 6 speed gearboxes on the new model - defenders are gone now , and my new love is biturbo 2.0 and 6 speed (VW) :smiley_drive:

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I love the puma engine, and the 6 speed is an amazing gear box. Not really sure I'd need to see more power than the 2.4/2.2 puts out as I've driven both and they've been plenty peppy.

blue bomber

Adventurer
I love the puma engine, and the 6 speed is an amazing gear box. Not really sure I'd need to see more power than the 2.4/2.2 puts out as I've driven both and they've been plenty peppy.

My 5.7 liter series is peppy ;-)

blue bomber

Adventurer
The engine is a Ford transit 5 cylinder engine. In the "heavier" duty transit van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven