2011 Provan Tiger $45k

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Nice find.
Looks like it is gonna need a fair amount of refurbishing.

amalakassogue

2011 is apparently the worst for that engine due to introduction of new emissions controls that are known to cause failures. Also looks like it may have mold extending to wood sections of the walls, which I imagine would be a PITA to address.

Reactions: zip

Hodor

That thing is rough. 2011 isn't the worst year for the duramax but each year you get past 2007 emissions equipment becomes the issue. Nothing a couple thousand can't fix

zip

I prefer social distancing.
That thing is rough. 2011 isn't the worst year for the duramax but each year you get past 2007 emissions equipment becomes the issue. Nothing a couple thousand can't fix

Hodor,
Can you please elaborate on the emissions issues and the fix?
I live in CA, and this could be a big issue if I am considering purchasing a vehicle with this engine.

wheelie

Wheelie
2011 is apparently the worst for that engine due to introduction of new emissions controls that are known to cause failures. Also looks like it may have mold extending to wood sections of the walls, which I imagine would be a PITA to address.

1) Not necessarily true. the 11 and newer have significantly more robust emissions meant to last. after some growing pains they are very reliable can be tuned easily even in restrictive emission areas.

2) There is no mold. Provan uses aluminum in the cabover section. when it condenses it stains the fabric black.....super common.
3) There was water intrusion in the bed deck, but not bad at all.
4) The coach will need significant upgrades and a full remodel......Which I am very familiar with.

I arrived prepared to fix anything to get it back on the road safely. 7 hours of maintenance and I was on the road from MA to MN. Trouble free.

This is my 7th Tiger Adventure Rig, super excited for this build.

wheelie

Wheelie
Pass ! Candidate for a sleazy flip this spring. Just saying

I bought this one......After deconstructing and making a huge to do list I am very happy that its not bad at all.
I should be ale to finish it for less than $20,000 in upgrades....including suspension, rims, tires, winch, lithium bank, upgraded solar, etc.......

Bed deck will be a very easy fix.
I will reseal the entire coach, it has all the normal issues of a nearly 10 yr old tiger.
Flooring issue near the fridge was a delaminated 1/8' flooring panel.....I cannot believe the factory used non marine grade. No floor damage. No water intrusion. just condensation and the 1/8' floor panel started to delam.....unreal!

No Sleazy flip here, I am keeping this one for myself. I havent finished the 2006 LBZ Duramax that I have, so w shall see which one like when done.
I don't like the 2011 cabinetry so I may do a full gut next year and insulate it for sub zero use.

the 6'8" interior makes it feel so much larger inside.

amalakassogue

1) Not necessarily true. the 11 and newer have significantly more robust emissions meant to last. after some growing pains they are very reliable can be tuned easily even in restrictive emission areas.

2) There is no mold. Provan uses aluminum in the cabover section. when it condenses it stains the fabric black.....super common.
3) There was water intrusion in the bed deck, but not bad at all.
4) The coach will need significant upgrades and a full remodel......Which I am very familiar with.

I arrived prepared to fix anything to get it back on the road safely. 7 hours of maintenance and I was on the road from MA to MN. Trouble free.

This is my 7th Tiger Adventure Rig, super excited for this build.
I'm glad you are happy with your purchase thus far. I am relatively new to tigers, researching heavily as I go. The same goes for my knowledge of American diesels, really just reiterating what I have read on Duramax forums. I am looking for a camper that would be capable of off-road and have enough room for my wife, myself, and our baby. Sadly the resale value on tigers seems to be incredibly high. Generally looking for one at 30k max. I currently have a modified GX470 pulling a 6x12 converted cargo trailer with all of the amenities one needs. The only problem is it is a little too snug for all three of us and our dog. I really like the floor plan in the tiger, and it looks like some of them are available with four seats in the extended cab, so a car seat could be installed.

wheelie

Wheelie
I'm glad you are happy with your purchase thus far. I am relatively new to tigers, researching heavily as I go. The same goes for my knowledge of American diesels, really just reiterating what I have read on Duramax forums. I am looking for a camper that would be capable of off-road and have enough room for my wife, myself, and our baby. Sadly the resale value on tigers seems to be incredibly high. Generally looking for one at 30k max. I currently have a modified GX470 pulling a 6x12 converted cargo trailer with all of the amenities one needs. The only problem is it is a little too snug for all three of us and our dog. I really like the floor plan in the tiger, and it looks like some of them are available with four seats in the extended cab, so a car seat could be installed.

Feel free to PM me, more than happy to share my contact info and assist. I know their weaknesses to a T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven