2013 JKUR Build

Finally the build continues! I have started throwing parts a the jeep again and very pleased with the outcome so far. I took a risk with the Gobi Rack and the 2nd Gen AEV snorkel but it does work. All I had to do was add 6 washers to one of the brackets that attaches to the fender for spacing and drill 2 new holes in the snorkel A pillar bracket.

Most recent additions:
34x10.5R17 BFG A/T KO2s
Warn Winch Plate
8274 Winch
AEV Snorkel
Gobi Stealth Rack

Attachments

• Jeep resized.jpg
    Jeep resized.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 78
Here are some pictures of the 2nd Gen AEV snorkel with the Gobi rack.

There were 2 things that I had to do for it to fit. First, I drilled 2 holes new holes in the bracket that attaches the snorkel to the A pillar to space it out farther. The second and last thing was placing 3 SS washers per screw for spacing on the snorkel fender bracket closest to the A pillar.

Attachments

• jeep snorkel bracket.jpg
    jeep snorkel bracket.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Snorkel bracket spacers resized.jpg
    Snorkel bracket spacers resized.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 35
  • snorkel rack interference.jpg
    snorkel rack interference.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 33

da10A

Adventurer
Congrats on the new jeep. I am confident that you will enjoy your jkur. It's not like you went from Toyota to Land Rover :)

Thanks da10A. Funny story, I actually did own a defender 110 before my JKUR purchase in 2013...

I know this was a resurrection of an old thread, but I had a lot going on including moving to the PNW and hadn't done any mods to the jeep since the lift. I did the lift when I had under 10kmi and now I have over 43k! Definitely no regrets on the purchase.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Have to say that I REALLY like how those tires look with the lift.
Stance is all subjective, but in my humble opinion, your setup sits perfect and looks perfect in the wheel well openings.
Very nice job with all the mods! :beer:

Thanks Comanche Scott! I really like it too! I'm glad someone finally came out with a 34x10.5R17. I almost did the 255/80r17s, but glad I waited. I haven't noticed much of a change on the mileage at all and with the 2.5" lift, it gives me just enough clearance for my use.

Near future mod plans:
LED's on the rack
ARB 2000 awning
Fuel/Water can holders for the rack
Synthetic winch line

KevinMac

Here are some pictures of the 2nd Gen AEV snorkel with the Gobi rack.

There were 2 things that I had to do for it to fit. First, I drilled 2 holes new holes in the bracket that attaches the snorkel to the A pillar to space it out farther. The second and last thing was placing 3 SS washers per screw for spacing on the snorkel fender bracket closest to the A pillar.

Thanks for the detailed info on this. I wasn't able to get a clear answer if I could run the AEV unit with my Gobi. Time to dust off the credit card!

JKU87

Adventurer
Nice looking rig! I just put 255/80/17s and a 2.5 OME lift on my JKU. Looking forward to seeing your rig progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal