2014 4Runner to be revealed April 27

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Think it is more of manufacture's design problem than ARB's, and most car buyers do not slap on an ARB, hence the more "aero" molded front ends. Sure I have one on my Tacoma, but it would be nice if the stock bumper was some nice thick steel rather than plastic. Thought it would be cool if the aftermarket would make stock looking beefier bumpers. I prefer the stealth look, rather looking like I am going on Safari. Though the ARB is nice place to set my coffee cup.

I understand why Toyota uses the larger, one piece bumper molds (cost savings) but my concern is with the aftermarket company that builds the bullbars. Build a direct replacement not a bumper that kind of fits with the help of plastic surgery.

I miss the black accents from the 2013 Trail too. The new Trails look like a Limited or SR5 now.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I understand why Toyota uses the larger, one piece bumper molds (cost savings) but my concern is with the aftermarket company that builds the bullbars. Build a direct replacement not a bumper that kind of fits with the help of plastic surgery.

I miss the black accents from the 2013 Trail too. The new Trails look like a Limited or SR5 now.

I agree on all counts. My hope is that the Trail model will be available in Super White since it is returning, though it would look even better with the black trim from the 10-13 models!

Clutch

<---Pass

Adds cost, perhaps they don't think the customer will pay more. And really, a bullbar is more for function than aesthetics. Why I bought mine, I don't like how it looks....it is good for pinging off wild life, holding a winch....and makes a mighty fine coffee cup coaster.:coffeedrink:

I don't mind the new face (not my favorite but don't hate it), the Pyrite Mica photoshop doesn't look too bad. Kinda futuristic aggressive looking, might look good in Magnetic Grey too. Maybe break it up the face a bit with a bumper similar what Chris (U-Joint) puts on his vans.

GAW-Ujoint-bumper.jpg

Last edited:

soonenough

Explorer
Anybody else see this?

predator-film.jpg
That was exactly my first thought.

Last edited:

Holland

Observer
Modern cars are so ugly. We are in the "let's slap random shapes and angles for styling" era. Nobody uses flowing style or art anymore to make cars. Car shapes are dictated by aerodynamics and MPG mixed with some botox to win consumers over.

It's like Michael Bay is directing the auto industry.

Tora

Modern cars are so ugly. We are in the "let's slap random shapes and angles for styling" era. Nobody uses flowing style or art anymore to make cars. Car shapes are dictated by aerodynamics and MPG mixed with some botox to win consumers over.

It's like Michael Bay is directing the auto industry.

I think your right that MPG is dictating the shapes of modern cars. I think that's why they go for these extreme lines, because the over all shape of the car isn't flexible , they need to do *something* to make it look different than every other mpg box in existence. That and I think they are trying to differentiate the 4runner as a 'real' suv meant for really going offroad, as opposed to a soccer mom SUV meant for the mall. Thats probably why such aggressive 'robot bulldog' look

I am new here, but props for the sick e30 for your avatar.

I guess I am the only one that likes it :(

Its grown on me. Time you get a lift in and some decent tires, maybe a LED bar behind the grill, I think it will look KILLER!

Important part to me is the underneath which appears to have stayed the same.

I bet you is will sell well!

Desert Dan

Explorer
I wonder if the vents on the side of the grill work?
It might grow on you. At least is still has a manual T-case and locker on the Trail Edition!

My 2006 4th gen looks more streamlined??

I have seen worse.

Clutch

<---Pass
Its grown on me. Time you get a lift in and some decent tires, maybe a LED bar behind the grill, I think it will look KILLER!

Important part to me is the underneath which appears to have stayed the same.

I bet you is will sell well!

The Pyrite Mica photoshopped version you posted looks pretty good. My gripes are no manual transmission, petrol V8, nor a diesel option.

33awk7q.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism