2015 discovery sport

da10A

Adventurer
If its to replace the fugly LR2, it will do the job if its priced right. First thing that came to mind when I saw that profile picture is Hyundai Santa fe...

Last edited:

Mack73

Adventurer
My wife really wanted an evoque but too dang small. This is right up her alley and she's spent the last couple hours 'building' one. Now I just need pricing details to see how much the packages cost.

A little disappointed there isn't a NA V6 option though. Not sure I want a turbo 4 in a vehicle of this size (works well enough in an evoque though)

zelatore

Explorer
I was never a turbo fan until I bought a BMW 335. Fully on boost by about 1500 rpm - 300 ft-lbs from there to ... as high as you want to go. It was such a different experience from earlier turbos, like my Saab 9-3. I now believe a small displacement turbo can be a Good Thing.

Mack73

Adventurer
I was never a turbo fan until I bought a BMW 335. Fully on boost by about 1500 rpm - 300 ft-lbs from there to ... as high as you want to go. It was such a different experience from earlier turbos, like my Saab 9-3. I now believe a small displacement turbo can be a Good Thing.

That is true - I guess my real worry is long term reliability - Turbo heat and plastic don't go together, need to get back to the trubo and you might was well replace anything around it as its going to snap off when you try to disassemble.
But I'm not sure I care about the long term reliability with this one... heck the LR3 scares me a little (even though it has been dead reliable) and it probably has half the number of computer gadgets that this thing does

Jwestpro

Explorer
It look like a Mercedes ML 320
Slowly but surly Land rover is fading away from being different having its own identity,now it looks like everything else and why someone wants to buy something that looks like everything else ?

I think you must have spent your eye insurance money on a land rover extended warranty....because the "Discovery Sport" looks nothing like a Mercedes. It does however look almost exactly like the 2015 Ford Explorer....

94Discovery

Adventurer
I think you must have spent your eye insurance money on a land rover extended warranty....because the "Discovery Sport" looks nothing like a Mercedes. It does however look almost exactly like the 2015 Ford Explorer....
Did not mean to burst your bubble but mabe it was dirty and you need to see clearly ;)

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Link to 2015 Discovery Sport product brief direct from JLRNA:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk7r262cdudwhze/15 DISCO SPORT INFO.pdf?dl=0
I see absolutely nothing about this new LR product which raises my heart rate even one measly beat. Very very few of them will even see the byways/backroads I have taken my old Honda Civic on let alone what my D1 has seen. Just another anonymous urban mall crawler like 30 other anonymous SUV brands are but that is sadly 100% what it takes for any company to succeed/make money/stay in business these days. RIP Land Rover but at least your old inspiring nameplate of off-road/expedition fame lives on.

umbertob

Adventurer
Well, one thing Land Rover seems to have improved is the infotainment system, as I am sure it will make its way in the rest of the lineup. Besides the dubious value of those InControl apps, the satnav finally allows you to enter an address by voice in one shot, instead of tiny bits and pieces like the current models. Also, the capability of receiving (and replying to) SMS via touchscreen or voice is something I wish I had in my LR4. There are a host of new features that should bring the system more in line with the competition. The infotainment system of my 2013 LR4 clunkyly does its job, but feels and looks like it's 10-year old technology.

They could have picked a better map (page 10) to illustrate the "better" navigation system, though. Is the driver supposed to make a right turn in 888 kilometers? Or stay on the 4 right lanes in 200 meters? Or turn left at the dead end? What the heck of a country is he driving in, anyway? :)

94Discovery

Adventurer
GADZOOKS!!! MAGNIFICO!!! The expedition vehicle of my dreams!!! NOT!!!
And they hiered the ****iest commercial producers really rreally what are they showing in this commercial a bicycle rack and a roof box and that back road they call it offroad ,this should replace the Lr2 not the discovery ,i will be surprized that the lr2 will look like a Minivan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz