2016 Tacoma trd off road advice

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
40k for a Tacoma??? Wow, I'd be looking at a 3/4ton base model. I could get a crew cab auto v8 and 4wd for that much. Maybe the OP doesn't want a fullsize truck though.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I once paid $26k for a vehicle and it made me sick to my stomach to do so. I paid $1,800 for the 3rd Gen 4 Runner I've been driving for 4 1/2 years. If you must finance a car, It should be no more than you can afford to pay off within 3 years.

Smo7

I'm thinking about finding an older trd sport 4x2 rather than off road 4x4, I think I'll manage with the correct tires and a locker in the rear. Used tacoma prices are insane!

diableri

If it's any help at all, they offered me 1.72 on 60 months and 1.99 on 72. I did my own thing but those were local credit union rates and rating of 757. Brought the Tacoma home last night. Quicksand TRD OR Doublecab 4x2 with just a couple goofy options I'll get rid of. Wells Fargo was 2.9 and I think BoA was 2.7 for 60 months as well. Gotta know that credit rating going in to make good decisions.

Smo7

After spending some time searching for tucks, I've come to the conclusion that I will either wait and save for about 6 months in order to put down a hefty down payment for the trd off road, or find a used frontier pro 4x or 2008 or so gm full size 4x4 for under $27k.

The market for used tacomas is just ridiculous, prices are waaaaay too high for used tucks.

Clutch

<---Pass
After spending some time searching for tucks, I've come to the conclusion that I will either wait and save for about 6 months in order to put down a hefty down payment for the trd off road, or find a used frontier pro 4x or 2008 or so gm full size 4x4 for under $27k.

The market for used tacomas is just ridiculous, prices are waaaaay too high for used tucks.

We call that the Toyota Tax, it is what it is.

Nobody wants the 4 cylinder Tacomas, can usually find decent prices on those. Or just go buy brand new SR 4 CYL ACLB for $25K.

Degrey

I think that's a great idea. My mortgage payment isn't much more than that payment you're talking about. I understand the want for the optioned out TRD tacoma, I was at the Toyota dealership yesterday getting an axle seal. I ended up wondering around the lot looking at them for almost an hour. Throw that payment in a money market, have your money work for you for a while and reevaluate your situation in 6 months or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl