2016 Tacoma TRD OR Build

ToyoTaco16

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have a new 3rd gen Tacoma on the way, should be in my driveway by the end of the week. TRD Off Road, access cab, 4x4. No pics yet.

So far only ideas I have for mods are Softopper, 2-3" lift with 265/75/16 tires, light bar up front, still too early to know what else may come.

Very excited for this truck, I had a 2014 Tacoma with the same options that I regrettably traded for a civic (thought I wanted a econobox, I was wrong). I'm getting back to where I left off. Had one trip with a friend and some TacomaWorld members and it was great! Looking forward to more trips like that!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Kev7n

I'm planning on picking up the same truck sometime this year, and the only other thing I'll end up doing is armor. Some rock sliders and beefier skid plates and it should be able to handle anything you throw at or under it.

ToyoTaco16

I'm planning on picking up the same truck sometime this year, and the only other thing I'll end up doing is armor. Some rock sliders and beefier skid plates and it should be able to handle anything you throw at or under it.
Partially my plan haha

I'm waiting to see what vendors come up with for armor, too early to make any decisions. I'll be looking at either an aftermarket bumper, or some sort of light bar to mount some LEDs. It'll be a while til I really start getting into mods.

uploadfromtaptalk1453848016101.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453848029465.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453848047183.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453848057824.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453848066849.jpg

All I've done so far are little basic things: Weather Tech floor liners, Extang Trifecta tonneau, OEM bed mat, and AVS Bugflector II (no recent pics with it).

Tax return is coming around soon, looking at putting on a Softopper camper shell for summer, great for camping!

I feel like in terms of lift, I feel solid about something simple. I've seen other 3rd gen owners with Bilstein 5100s all around set at 0", OME 885 coils up front, and AAL in the back. Maybe 2" of lift, and 265/75/16 for tire size. I don't need anything crazy.

socalktk

Hey! I also have a 3rd gen, DCLB. I got the Aluminum full skids from Pelfreybilt, look awesome and wasn't too hard to install. I also have on order the Snugtop rebel, should also be coming in this week! Some other mods ive done were decals for the "tacoma" in the back, plasti dip the front grill, and going to put in some new HID's for the headlights and fogs, hopefully tomorrow. Also got some awesome

Looking at the Group buy for the Prinsu Designs roof rack on TW too. Group buy opens Feb 25th.

I am working with Baja Kits in Orange, CA on a Kings coilover package with their own UCA's and Deaver AAL's, everything should be in about 3 weeks.

I'm already in the deep end on this project.. LOL

ToyoTaco16

Hey! I also have a 3rd gen, DCLB. I got the Aluminum full skids from Pelfreybilt, look awesome and wasn't too hard to install. I also have on order the Snugtop rebel, should also be coming in this week! Some other mods ive done were decals for the "tacoma" in the back, plasti dip the front grill, and going to put in some new HID's for the headlights and fogs, hopefully tomorrow. Also got some awesome

Looking at the Group buy for the Prinsu Designs roof rack on TW too. Group buy opens Feb 25th.

I am working with Baja Kits in Orange, CA on a Kings coilover package with their own UCA's and Deaver AAL's, everything should be in about 3 weeks.

I'm already in the deep end on this project.. LOL
Nice man, share some pics when you can :) shouldn't be too long on this tax return and I'll order a Softopper, which will probably take a while to ship. Lift probably won't be til next year.

ToyoTaco16

Got my Softopper on. Fairly easy install, took maybe 1.5 hours due to me messing up installing the frame and having to go back to fix it. Just needs to stretch out some more. Can't wait for some camping in here!

uploadfromtaptalk1457724146083.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1457724223914.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1457724237955.jpg

erk1505

I know you said you were looking at waiting on bumpers to see what comes about. But a company to look into is Insain Fab out of thorton, CO. He's making bumpers front and rear for the 16 and he can make it however you want, from winchs to leds. A good example of his work is the front bumper on Toytec's 16 Tacoma SEMA truck and the TCT magazines 16 Tacoma SEMA truck.

ToyoTaco16

I know you said you were looking at waiting on bumpers to see what comes about. But a company to look into is Insain Fab out of thorton, CO. He's making bumpers front and rear for the 16 and he can make it however you want, from winchs to leds. A good example of his work is the front bumper on Toytec's 16 Tacoma SEMA truck and the TCT magazines 16 Tacoma SEMA truck.
That one did look pretty good. I'm in no rush though, mainly because of money haha.

ToyoTaco16

Finally took the leap and made a big order yesterday. Ordered the OME 3" Lift kit from Toytec, 90021 shocks, 885 coils, skipping the diff drop, no spacers, and OME Dakar Leaf Pack. Also ordered Toyo Open Country ATII LT265/75/16. Made sure I got a fifth for the spare haha. Now to wait for it all to get delivered :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl