2016 Toyota Tacoma Expedition Build

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Asking 65K

If you are serious I have lots more pictures: PM with email address for dropbox link

471BDF66-09EE-451A-8EDD-661BD3411425_1_100_o.jpeg
10CDA5B0-9D2E-4224-A58F-9F5BC6A027F5_1_100_o.jpeg
9E959F21-EACC-4F04-A0C9-EB673512639B_1_100_o.jpeg
270BFFDA-83D2-47EF-A686-1BDE8AF068F2_1_100_o.jpeg
1F74516E-F2A7-45FA-89B4-B7DE346C83BC_1_100_o.jpeg
01AA5263-44EA-415A-ADC8-6418D4DC3E3F_1_100_o.jpeg
3EFDCBAB-7792-4AF5-80E5-90A26D792841_1_100_o.jpeg
71189AAA-D838-400C-9624-6B89B0BBD003_1_100_o.jpeg
B704DAA4-A7B1-4EB7-AFF8-5F27413C3511_1_100_o.jpeg
A5D9FBF2-EFE9-43B8-A5BD-1304C884825B_1_100_o.jpeg

Expedition/Overland Ready

Located in Ferndale Washington

2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Manual Trans
105,000 miles

Up for sale is our 2016 Tacoma Expedition Build fully equipped and ready for Adventure. The Truck comes equipped for adventure, with everything needed for extended off-road travel and camping.
All maintenance complete/up to date, all factory service completed by Toyota with all aftermarket modifications done by us at Expedition Essentials.

Suspension/Drivetrain

Recently installed (Last 6,000 Miles) Dobinsons MRR 3 way adjustable coilers with heavy rear leaf pack and ADD A LEAF.
Recently installed (Last 1,000 miles) RCV Front Axles (Lifetime Warranty
Recently installed (Last 6,000 miles) Front wheel hubs bearings, rear axle bearings/ seals Rear Brakes.
Recently installed (Last 6,000 miles) Steering rack/ ball joints
Upper Control arms by Nitro Gear, Stock lower
AEV Salta wheels with 285/70 R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W (Last 6,000 miles)
ARB Front Air Locker, Factory Rear
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars With Heavy Duty Front sway bar end links

Truck Lighting/Electrical

Under-hood, Dual Battery System built in house featuring Blue Sea marine components, charging relay, circuit breakers, 2 Odyssey Extreme Group 34 AGM batteries ; Under Hood Aux battery powers ARB Fridge, camper lighting, Rear seat USB port and camper power cord to camper battery charging while vehicle is running.
Cascadia 4x4 80 watt hood mounted solar panel (Charging Aux battery)
Vision X Light cannon LED ADV series 4x Roof mounted on Custom Built Adjustable light mount (via linear actuator)
Bumper mounted Vision X Shocker LED Dual Function Light bars 2x
A Pillar mounted Vision X Led pods 2x
Fog light Mounted Vision X Amber LED 2x
S-Pod switching and power 6 POS in cab mounted electrical controller powering, Lights, front locker and compressor.

On Board Air

ARB Twin Compressor, mounted in bed with Expedition Essentials Bedside compressor mount, air outlet routed to rear bumper via Air Outlet relocation kit.

Truck Interior

Expedition Essentials 3TPAM Dash Accessory mounting system
ICOM 207 Ham Radio
Aux Battery monitoring indicator
Custom One Off Aluminum 60% rear seat delete by Expedition Essentials, featuring Fridge Slide, Seat back storage, Locking Storage, Concealed Storage.
63qt ARB Extreme Fridge/Freezer

Truck Performance

Re geared by Nitro Gear to 4.88
Injien Cold Air Intake
KDMAX tuned

Bumpers/ Armor/ Exterior

ARB Front Summit series With Bulldog Pro Series 12K winch and Agency 6 fairlead with shackle
CBI Rear Bumper, Modified and optimized to dual swing with spare tire carrier and Jerry Can Holder.
ARB Skid Plates (new)
CBI Offroad Rock Sliders
Full Vehicle Custom Wrap (Company logo will be removed)
Bushwhacker Fender Flares
Modified Front Runner Roof Slimline 2 Roof Rack
Expedition Essentials Quick Recovery Board Mount with 4 Maxtrax

Camper Shell

Camper Exterior
Alucab Canopy Camper (installed 3/20)
Alucab 270 Awning
Alucab Shower Cube
Alu Cab undermount Table

Camper Interior

Custom fully built Interior by Expedition Essentials featuring, Aluminum honeycomb floor, Aluminum interior cabinets with storage and cargo tie downs.
Aluminum Drop down tables, and Shower hot water heater mount.
Rear Storage compartment (RH Side) camper
Rear Electrical Panel with Propex heater digital thermostat, battery monitor and Custom Installed AUX power panel with USB and Aux AC plug ins for charging and convenience pow
Lithium Camper 100AH battery, powering camper interior components, such as aux charging, Propex heater ignition and Water pump for shower. Charging by Renogy Battery charger.
Blue Sea circuit breakers and camper mounted Fuse Panels.
Eccotemp Instant Hot water Heater
Propex Heatsource in camper propane heater.

Additional Features

Expedition Essentials EXO Table, mounted to canopy camper adapter plate and Cook Partner Steel 18” Stove
Expedition Essentials Quick Propane mount.
Camper completely plumbed for propane for all propane powered accessories.
22G Custom Built aluminum water tank mounted in rear location of factory spare tire.
Rear mounted Pelican boxes (RH rear Camper)
Internal (camper) Front Runner Wolf Pack storage boxes 4x
Extra 3” memory foam mattress
f1dc582f34d342c7926e5c77a720cf1e.jpg

Last edited:

Expedition Essentials

Update.

We will be bringing the Tacoma to Expo West where it will be featured in our Booth F5.

If anyone wants to view in person this will be the perfect opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, with the custom touches on this rig, I am sure it will go fast. Truly one of a kind.

@Expedition Essentials would you please be willing to share some detail on your modified CBI bumper you did on this truck when you have moment? I just noticed this & I have been struggling to find a similar bumper solution for my truck and it's been tough due to the close proximity of the uprights to the rear & the Alu-cab door latch. Did you just take a std bumper from CBI and then add custom swing outs yourself? Anything you would be willing to share is appreciated. I really want to make something this happen on my own truck.

reync

Pics of rear seat (delete). Pics of all the custom alucab interior work?

Hard to appreciate such a good build when we can’t see in person!

Expedition Essentials

I mean, with the custom touches on this rig, I am sure it will go fast. Truly one of a kind.

@Expedition Essentials would you please be willing to share some detail on your modified CBI bumper you did on this truck when you have moment? I just noticed this & I have been struggling to find a similar bumper solution for my truck and it's been tough due to the close proximity of the uprights to the rear & the Alu-cab door latch. Did you just take a std bumper from CBI and then add custom swing outs yourself? Anything you would be willing to share is appreciated. I really want to make something this happen on my own truck.

No problem

The bumper was a single swing from CBI

I modified it by reinforcing the corners, adding pivots from 4x innovations, center supports and latches. Modified, cut up and added to the original swing, moved the spare tire further passenger and Jerry can holder further driver. That left a little usable space in the middle for more functionality. Used to have a propane mount there but now I just have the high lift and shovel.

No problem

The bumper was a single swing from CBI

I modified it by reinforcing the corners, adding pivots from 4x innovations, center supports and latches. Modified, cut up and added to the original swing, moved the spare tire further passenger and Jerry can holder further driver. That left a little usable space in the middle for more functionality. Used to have a propane mount there but now I just have the high lift and shovel.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Anytime. Let me know if you have any other questions

Actually I would like to know a little more about those bumper modifications when you get a moment if you don't mind. I know you're a busy man.

I am not a welder/fabricator, but could you tell me a little more about the corner reinforcements you made/why you made them? Was that to handle the addition of the second swing out or b/c you were repositioning things on the swing outs?

I have seen folks mention using those 4x innovations pivots in custom work, so I'm assuming they offer something burlier than what came from CBI?

I have had a number of fabricators tell me they can't do dual swing on a regular style bumper (versus a HC) but obviously CBI is doing it and have been doing so for years from the look of it. Just figured it would be good to get comments from a fabricator who has done it.

Thank you again for the information & Happy 4th of July!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach