2017 Dodge Ram 2500 - An Overland work in Progress

Nice looking bumper! What’s the weight of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the websites I search showed the specs as being 330lbs. It's a beast to be sure. Adding the weight of the Warn 16.5tis, its 435 pounds of additional weight on the front of the truck. However, I have not noticed any substantial difference when driving. One of the things I'm going to do is get a good tire alignment just to ensure I don't pickup weird tread wear from the change in front end weight.

The SPod units are really nice. I had one in my 2016 RAM 2500. I installed the switches in the switch pod that AEV makes for the RAM trucks. The pod fits in the spot where the pencil tray is on the dash. My new 3500 came with the OEM auxiliary switches so I am no longer using my SPod equipment. (Sorry, I don't know why the photo is displaying sideways.)
SPod Switches.jpg

ttengineer

Adventurer
The SPod units are really nice. I had one in my 2016 RAM 2500. I installed the switches in the switch pod that AEV makes for the RAM trucks. The pod fits in the spot where the pencil tray is on the dash. My new 3500 came with the OEM auxiliary switches so I am no longer using my SPod equipment.

By any chance do you have an air compressor hooked up to your factory AUX switches?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. So far I don't have anything hooked up to them. I have not had the chance to figure it out, and when I got the truck a month ago I threw my ham radio in and hooked it directly to the battery because we were leaving on a trip. I need to spend some quality time with the truck to figure out the wiring.

I've looked over the Spods but I'm not sure at this point my wallet can take that kind of hit!

I'll be headed to the Overland Expo East in November for the weekend. I'm sure I'll be picking up a few more Ideas, but I think I need to prioritize my budget a little. Hopefully I will see some of you guys there and pick up a few more suggestions.

05TacoMedic

Adventurer
I've looked over the Spods but I'm not sure at this point my wallet can take that kind of hit!

I'll be headed to the Overland Expo East in November for the weekend. I'm sure I'll be picking up a few more Ideas, but I think I need to prioritize my budget a little. Hopefully I will see some of you guys there and pick up a few more suggestions.

Completely understand that. Have a great time at Expo!!!

Here is a photo from this past winter.521159

...And another from Overland East. Note the photo was taken BEFORE it was noting but a giant muddy mess. The green grass under the truck was the only thing left. While it dampened the festivities, at least it became a good test for extreme outdoor living. The truck handled things well.

Anything new with the truck?

Other than a few small storage boxes, nothing major as of yet. However, at 75k miles, I am in the market for new tires. A few other options I'll be adding is more rear lighting when backing up, but I'm quite happy so far. I have made three trips out to Montana and still trying to get ready for that Alaska trip. Here was my trip from this summer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 10.56.12 AM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 10.56.12 AM.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2081.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member