2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

Kingsize24

It's WAAAY back on page 3, but I use it to mount the pad or laptop, and we use it only when traveling. Otherwise it's pulled and stored. It also allows for a paper towel location inside the truck, which is great because my kids are like Pigpen on Peanuts. 😂😂😂

Here is a link to the install....

20240128_152524.jpg

UglyViking

It's WAAAY back on page 3, but I use it to mount the pad or laptop, and we use it only when traveling. Otherwise it's pulled and stored. It also allows for a paper towel location inside the truck, which is great because my kids are like Pigpen on Peanuts. 😂😂😂

Here is a link to the install....

View attachment 817180
Oh ********! It doubles as a PT holder! *quietly moves from "save for later" to cart*

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I brought the trailer out to work on it a bit, as well as once I get back from picking up the Hallmark. Will be a BIG push to fully finish the interior of that trailer before Spring break. Then I'll be ripping the exterior stuff off to paint it all in a matching white.

Other than that, the truck is now completely ready to head up to Hallmark in 5 days, minus an alignment being done tomorrow. This will be the last look of the truck before it has the Victor on its back. Very exciting point in our family's adventure touring.

View attachment 817129
View attachment 817137
View attachment 817130View attachment 817131
So is the plan to make the camper or trailer mom and dads room and the other for the kiddos?
Or just use the camper or trailer interchangeably based on the trip requirements?

Kingsize24

So is the plan to make the camper or trailer mom and dads room and the other for the kiddos?
Or just use the camper or trailer interchangeably based on the trip requirements?

Yes. Me and the wife in the camper, kids in the trailer. And the ability to leave the trailer as a base camp basically when we go out exploring. It also allows us to hold all the outdoor gear, toys, and outdoor kitchen since we spend most of our time there. And when the kiddos are gone, we can sell the trailer, and still roam around in our setup. It kind of future proofs us having to do this whole thing over again later.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yes. Me and the wife in the camper, kids in the trailer. And the ability to leave the trailer as a base camp basically when we go out exploring. It also allows us to hold all the outdoor gear, toys, and outdoor kitchen since we spend most of our time there. And when the kiddos are gone, we can sell the trailer, and still roam around in our setup. It kind of future proofs us having to do this whole thing over again later.
Sounds like a good plan to me! You might decide to hang onto the trailer to use as a base camp down the road too.

Might be nice not having to pack up camp and set it back up cause you want to explore for a few hours.

Plus if your wife decides she wants to hang back and relax at camp while you explore, she'd have the trailer there.

(That happens often at our campsites, haha)

Kingsize24

Yep. It may happen that way. Never know. I have a rooftop A/C, and havelock wool for the roof and walls that should be here by the time I get back. I hope to make the interior of the trailer just as nice for the kiddos as the Hallmark will be for us. Or at least as close as possible.

ITTOG

I bet you are excited. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough. Safe travels.

Looks great. I thought the same as @UglyViking on the battery. But I guess it has to be to support 630 Ah's. Is it really just one battery like it appears to be?

Kingsize24

Thats a good amount of juice, man that battery is huge!. That AC unit is super low profile, which is nice.

Yes the battery is big, and the whole build was built around that battery having the ability to support us off grid in full time comfort. And being able to use my dual 440amp alternators or the sun depending on weather to recharge. The management system will choose which is the best supply in real time. Should make for a trip where we never have to look for power to plug in with, or be reliant on grid supply. And yes, it's low profile, that will help a ton with top end weight and height restrictions when traveling.

Thanks brother! 👍

Kingsize24

I bet you are excited. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough. Safe travels.

Looks great. I thought the same as @UglyViking on the battery. But I guess it has to be to support 630 Ah's. Is it really just one battery like it appears to be?

Yes it is one big battery. Had to pay for it up front, and the front box was expanded a bit to accommodate.

This is the exact battery except mine has top post instead of side post. 630ah lithium.

img_1_1706846379070.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner