2019 Alu-Cab Khaya 4-Sleeper Camper

FourWheelOverland

Four_Wheel_Overland on Instagram
Full-sized options are being considered by Alu-Cab, but given the work to engineer, re-tool, etc. it will be at least 12-24 months before we see anything come to market. This was the update I received as recently as a week ago. So for now, if you want a Khaya, sell that big truck (which is too big to get into all the cool spots anyway) and buy a Tacoma, Ranger, or Colorado ;)
Cool good info. I like to not be overweight tho. So full size it is! lol

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
We have just received another fully loaded 4-sleeper Khaya. It has the exact same options as the one shown in this thread with the exception of the addition of the new "Air Assist" feature which allows you to pop the top with the push of a button.
Air.png

This unit was originally delivered to a customer in early November and was slept in one night. Unfortunately, the owner has experienced some medical issues that are forcing the sale of his truck and camper so we agreed to help find a new owner.

The original price for this camper was $38,795 plus tax. Because this unit is now technically "used" it is being offered up at $34,000. Currently, the camper is located near San Luis Obispo CA and comes with a Ford Ranger mounting kit...but delivery to Sacramento/Bay Area and different mounting kits are possible.

Contact me directly with any questions. info@bdrxo.com

BDRXO

Here are pics of the camper when it left our shop on Nov/08. This is the only Khaya available for sale in the US at the moment.
The interior is identical to the photos posted earlier in this thread...
IMG_3756.jpg
IMG_3757.jpg

Here are pics of the camper when it left our shop on Nov/08. This is the only Khaya available for sale in the US at the moment.
The interior is identical to the photos posted earlier in this thread...
View attachment 561139View attachment 561140
Did you guys get custom brackets from SA? My Khaya is in Phoenix, it was delayed for months because they said they had to engineer new brackets. The US Rangers have different beds than the SA ones.

And of course they didn’t ship the brackets with the camper, they are somewhere in various states of delivery I am told.

BDRXO

Did you guys get custom brackets from SA? My Khaya is in Phoenix, it was delayed for months because they said they had to engineer new brackets. The US Rangers have different beds than the SA ones.

And of course they didn’t ship the brackets with the camper, they are somewhere in various states of delivery I am told.
Yes...I think this set of Ranger mounts we have here was the first set produced. They are finiky to get the bolts all lined up, but super beefy and solid.

Yes...I think this set of Ranger mounts we have here was the first set produced. They are finiky to get the bolts all lined up, but super beefy and solid.
Interesting, I was told the delay was the bracket design. I was supposed to take delivery in November, and you already had one by then. I ordered in August ?

DCBoise

trying to find videos but I can’t, of instillation and removal of the camper. Don’t see any system to help, is this a semi permanent option?

BDRXO

Feb/24/20 Update - A deposit has been received for the 2nd 4-Sleeper Khaya we took back in on Jan/12. SOLD pending final funds & delivery

BDRXO

Is a unit still available?

This particular unit was sold, but there is an identically optioned model that was used as a display unit at 3 shows that is being sold at a demo with appropriate discounts applied. Please email me directly and I can get you the details if you are interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven