2019 Powerwagon build thread - Bones (warning lots of pics)

garrettjmu

Well just got the callback from the dealer. It appears the uconnect4 12” screen is discontinued so going to have to come up with a different plan or figure out if you can retrofit the uconnect5

UglyViking

Well just got the callback from the dealer. It appears the uconnect4 12” screen is discontinued so going to have to come up with a different plan or figure out if you can retrofit the uconnect5
I don't know if kosher to link to another forum, but since it's very specific and not a competing one I'll share.

Jimmy has a lot of insight into these things. If you can't find the info you need in that thread I highly recommend searching those forums. I believe a few members have done so already, and seems like a relatively straight forward swap.

If you don't want to go through the process of sourcing your own parts, and using alfaobd and all that, and are willing to spend a fair amount more, you can get it as a kit through https://infotainment.com/shop/inter...-wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-upgrade/

garrettjmu

I don't know if kosher to link to another forum, but since it's very specific and not a competing one I'll share.

Jimmy has a lot of insight into these things. If you can't find the info you need in that thread I highly recommend searching those forums. I believe a few members have done so already, and seems like a relatively straight forward swap.

If you don't want to go through the process of sourcing your own parts, and using alfaobd and all that, and are willing to spend a fair amount more, you can get it as a kit through https://infotainment.com/shop/inter...-wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-upgrade/
Ah this is great - I don't mind spending some money - insurance is covering this so I'd rather it be "right" per se.

ViperNL

Observer
I love technology and those big screens look pretty, but this right here is such a big issue. Through presumably no fault your own, you wouldn’t be able to control half your truck anymore? No climate controls, in some cars no more brights (looking at you GM) or even lockers (looking at you Ford). They really should have to build in part support for 10 years at the very least. Or offer plug and play upgrades. Technically your truck could be written off as it’s ”impossible” to repair and it’s five years old…

garrettjmu

I love technology and those big screens look pretty, but this right here is such a big issue. Through presumably no fault your own, you wouldn’t be able to control half your truck anymore? No climate controls, in some cars no more brights (looking at you GM) or even lockers (looking at you Ford). They really should have to build in part support for 10 years at the very least. Or offer plug and play upgrades. Technically your truck could be written off as it’s ”impossible” to repair and it’s five years old…
1000% agree - super annoying (but I still love the big screen/tech).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner